The Suhr Shiba Drive Reloaded is the result of when you take an already incredible drive pedal and adjust it with some highly requested modifications. While it may not be miles apart from the original model, it is different enough to work for a completely new audience.
With a tighter low end, a lot more gain and an even more focused mid range, the Shiba Drive Reloaded is the overdrive pedal for the guitarist who needs a wide range of drives to cover rhythm and solo tones in a single pedal.
Most drive pedals will never be turned up past noon on the gain knob. That is because as you introduce more gain you get hiss and other nasty sounds you simply don't want. The Shiba, however, is so smooth and so clean sounding that they managed to throw in an extra 50% more gain over the original and keep it more than just usable. This opens up a whole new world of tones previously not accessible with a simple natural drive sound.
Better Response With Tighter Lows
Suhr have tightened up the low end in the Reloaded model to make the pedal more responsive to your playing and the volume knob on your guitar. If the original Shiba wasn't quite right for you, the Reloaded will certainly have everything covered.
- Power connector: 9vdc, center negative, 2.1mm x 5.5mm
- Operating voltage: 4v to 18v (nominal 9v)
- Reverse battery protection: yes
- Over voltage protection: yes
- Current consumption: 8ma
- Estimated battery life: 75 – 100 hours of continuous use
- Dimensions: 2.5”(w) x 4.5”(d) x 1.25”(h)
- Weight: 0.75lb
- FX link connector: 1/8" mono
- Shield → tip: activate pedal