The Steinberg UR28M is a 4 in 6 out USB audio interface that's designed to sit on a desktop and perform some of the functions that once upon a time would have belonged on the console and have been sorely missed on smaller interfaces in the past.
In essence the UR28 has the same internals as the MR816 including the mic pres and converters but in a more compact and easy to navigate format and with the addition of the aforementioned monitoring controls.
Flexible i/o means you can chop and change between 3 different stereo pairs of monitors all connected at the same time, or even mix in 5.1 Surround Sound! The Steinberg UR28M is a solid and dependable audio interface capable of taking input from microphones or straight from electric guitars, basses and keyboards. It's flexible enough to fulfill a wide range of uses and compact enough to form a part of your mobile studio! Includes Cubase AI 6 recording software
- 24-bit/96 kHz USB 2.0 audio interface
- Analog 4 in and 6 out plus stereo input for reference source
- S/PDIF coaxial I/O
- D-Pre Class-A discrete mic preamps supporting +48V
- Latency-free DSP-powered monitoring with one REV-X reverb and four Sweet Spot Morphing Channel Strips with any DAW by using the latest dspMixFx technology
- Native VST 3 plug-ins of REV-X and Sweet Spot Morphing Channel Strip included
- Digitally controlled monitor level control with DIM, Mono, and Mute fed by a 3x3 monitoring matrix
- 2 separate headphone buses with individual outputs
- Cubase AI 6 music production software included
- Cross-platform compatibility for Mac OS X and Windows