Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier "The Classic Reborn" Version with Chrome Tread Plate Grill
New for 2010 - Mesa / Boogie have redesigned the dual rectifier and its better than ever! The new Dual Rec also features Mesa's Patented Multi-Watt technology for safe and easy "tube pulling" directly from the front panel. Improvements have been made to the effects loop, footswitch and tuner output to make one of the world's most famous amplifiers more versatile than ever before. Once again, Mesa Boogie meet the needs of the modern guitarist down to a 'T'.
Look in the dictionary under Hi-Gain and you'll see the words "Mesa Boogie Dual Rec"! The Boogie Dual Rectifier head defined an entire era of Hi Gain sounds and is still seen on more rock/metal stages than any other guitar amp in the world. It might amaze you then to learn that the Boogie Dual Rec is highly regarded for Jazz, pop and rock too! This amp does everything from rich and creamy cleans, through "hot" punk distortions all the way up to scooped distortion with gain and the bottom end to make any headbanger's ears bleed! It's built to withstand the rigours of a world tour and it looks awesome too!
The new 2010 model of the Dual Rec has several improvements - here are the main ones...
- Patented Multi-Watt Channel Assignable Power - Allows you to assign either 2 or 4 Power Tubes to each Channel for Power Ratings of 50 or 100 Watts of Class A/B Power via independent 50/100 Watt Power Select Switches. The Triple Rectifier allows you to do the same however with either 2 or all 6 Power Tubes for Power Ratings of 50 or 150 Watts per channel via independent 50/150 Watt Power Select Switches.
- Patented Channel Assignable Dual Rectification with Recto Tracking - Allows you to assign either Tube Rectification or Silicon Diode Rectification to each Channel to fine tune the feel and character of each Channel
- New Footswitchable, Tube-Driven SERIES FX Loop - Vastly improved performance and tone with Multi-Effects than Parallel Loop - Exceptionally transparent in preserving your tone while being easier to use with any type of effects. The original Rectifiers featured a Series Loop.
- New Tuner Output with Footswitchable Tuner Mute
- New Compact Footswitch - New 3x3 Stacked. 6 Button Footswitch - Top Row = Mute, FX Loop, Solo, Bottom Row = Channel 1, 2 & 3
- Clean Mode features improved headroom for amazing clarity and the most sparkling bell-tone cleans ever from a Recto, even with hotter humbuckers.
- Pushed Mode features tighter. more focused and percussive low end with an amazing range of gain from Overdrive textures to full-on ripping Crunch.
- Improved Channel Cloning on Channels 2 & 3 - Raw, Vintage and Modern modes have been further optimized for more similar performance on either channels
- Improved Presence Control on Vintage Mode between Vintage and Modern Modes
- "Channel one's clean sounds are perfectly formed, with a sweet high end, rich, open mids and tight bass that's reminiscent of the best 'Blackface' Fenders."
- "It's anyones guess how many gold and platinum albums have been recorded with a Dual Rectifier, but it's a pretty substantial number. When you plug in and hear what one can do for the first time, you're very quikcly left in no doubt as to why this is one of the world's top rock amps."
- "We Like: One of the top 5 rock heads in the world; killer tone; huge flexibility; great looks, typically high Mesa build quality. We dislike: It's really hard to find fault with this."
- "Sell everything you own - apart from your favourite guitar - and buy this amp. Once you've tried it, you'll understand... The updated Dual Rec is set to be the amp of the decade... again!"
The Dual Rec earned the Guitarist Gold award
Nick Guppy, Guitarist Magazine, April 2010
Here's what Mesa Boogie say about the Dual Rectifier Classic
On the eve of its 20th Birthday, with still the widest, deepest footprint in heavy music and now a long list of chart topping devotees outside the world of heavy, the Recto has been re-worked, re-tuned and refined again.
Now with our patented Multi-Watt Channel Selectable Power, an Improved Effects Loop, Channel Assignable Rectifier Choices with RECTIFIER TRACKING, a TUNER OUT jack with SILENT TUNE feature and an all new Footswitch, the new Dual is more menacing than ever!
- Multi-Watt, Channel Assignable Power Amp (Patent 7,602,927) allows you to assign either 2 or all 4 Power Tubes to each Channel for Power Ratings of 50 or 100 Watts of Class A/B Power via independent 50/100 Watt Power Switches / 4x6L6 (or 4xEL-34), 5x12AX7, 2x5U4
- Bias Select Switch (6L6/EL34) Fixed Bias for Consistent, Maintenance Free Performance
- 3 Fully Independent Channels with 8 modes (Channel 1 = Clean or Pushed, Channel 2 & Channel 3 = Raw, Vintage High Gain or Modern High Gain)
- Each Channel features: Multi-Watt Power Switch (50/100 Watt), Independent Gain, Treble, Mid, Bass, Presence, Master, Channel Assignable Dual Rectification with Recto Tracking (Diode or Tube Tracking - Patents 5,168,438 & 7,193,458)
- Footswitchable or Completely Bypass-able Fully Buffered FX Loop with Send Level Control
- Output Level Control (over all channels when activated)
- Footswitchable Solo Level Control (Patent 6,724,897 - over all channels when activated)
- Bold/Spongy "Variac" Switch (Patent 5,091,700)
- True "Hard" Bypass Switch that removes FX Loop, Output Level & Solo Level Controls from signal path
- Tuner Output w/Footswitchable Mute
- Slave Out w/Level Control
- External Switching Jacks for Channels 2, 3 (Ch 1 is default), Solo & FX Loop
- New 3x3 - 6 Button Footswitch (Bottom Row: Channel 1, Channel 2, Channel 3, Top Row: Tuner Mute, FX Loop & Solo)
- Slip Cover
- Head (Width 25 1/2")