Here's what Lewitt say about the DTP-340 REX
Put more Boom in your Cha
The kick drum and bass microphone
Thanks to its shapeable frequency response, the dynamic DTP 340 REX offers everything you need to mic bass heavy instruments.
Linear or enhanced - the DTP 340 REX combines two different sound characters in one microphone. DTP 340 REX kick drum microphone
Enhanced frequency response
The DTP 340 REX's "Enhanced Frequency Response" mode, with its switch right on the microphone, delivers massive sound by emphasizing frequencies from 70 to 150 Hz and from 3 to 5 kHz optimizing the mic for use on kick drum.DTP 340 REX front product shot
Massive low end - ultimate punch
The DTP 340 REX makes the hearts of beat aficionados beat faster. It offers everything you need to mic kick drums and bass instruments: memorable, impressive sound and reliable performance on stage and in the studio.
In addition to its standard neutral and pure character the ‘Enhanced Frequency Response’ function – switchable right on the microphone – will deliver an unbeatable impressive bass sound by emphasizing frequencies in 70 –150 Hz and 3 –5 kHz ranges...optimized for use on kick drums.
Bass guitar amp
Massive low end
"The DTP 340 REX is amazing. It has a low end that I've never heard before in a drum mic and it has a great clarity!" Greg Wurth
- Type: Dynamic, moving coil
- Acoustical operating principle: Pressure gradient transducer
- Polar pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency range: 20 ... 16,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: FFR 0.4 mV/Pa, -69 dBV/Pa
- Sensitivity: +EFR 0.4 mV/Pa, -69 dBV/Pa
- Internal impedance: 500 Ω
- Connector: Gold plated 3-pin XLR
- Microphone dimensions: 71 dia. x 158 mm, 2.8 dia. x 6.2 in
- Microphone net weight: 740 g, 26.1 oz