The Fender Professional Jazzmaster has the modern technology and build-quality combined with the vintage style and tone you'd want from an offset guitar like this. With Michael Frank-designed Single-coil Jazzmaster pickups, a fantastic fret design that makes bending a breeze and a comfortable tapered neck for even better playing comfort.
The American Professional range has replaced the American Standards. Made in America with high-end hardware and each one comes with an official Fender hardshell case.
The single-coils on the Professional Jazzmaster were designed by Michael Frank for vintage Jazzmaster sounds. The bridge has a lot of bite while the neck is a little warmer sounding, with a touch of that lovely Jazzmaster grit.
The American Professional models also have the Treble Bleed Circuit which keeps the trebles pronounced, even when turning the volume down.
The neck shape is the new Deep C profile which is a tapered neck. This means it’s thinner at the headstock end where you play chords and may want to get your thumb over the top to fret the E-String. The neck flattens out the higher up you go to make faster playing a bit easier and a bit more fluid.
The Narrow-Tall frets make bending a little bit easier as they don’t provide as much friction or resistance as vintage frets do. And because they’re slightly narrower, it gives the actually fret spacing a little more room. It’s an incremental change, but every little helps…
- Series: American Pro
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck: Maple, Modern “Deep C”
- Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane Front
- Fingerboard: Maple or Rosewood, 9.5” (241 mm)
- Frets: 22, Narrow Tall
- Nut (Material/Width): Bone, 1.685” (42.8 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Fender Standard Cast/Sealed Staggered
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
Hardware and Electronics
- Bridge: 9.5 inch Radius Jazzmaster/Jaguar Bridge with Vintage-Style
- Floating Tremolo with Tremolo Lock Button and Screw-in Tremolo
- Pickups: V-Mod Single-Coil Jazzmaster (Bridge/Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle
- Controls: Master Volume with Treble-Bleed, Master Tone
- Control Knobs: White “Witch Hat”
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome