Beyerdynamic have been making some of the most popular studio headphones for years and the DT770 series are near the top of their list of high quality well priced studio headphones. These 32 ohm versions are designed to be used for mobile applications when out in the field. The DT770 Pro headphones have a closed back design which helps stop noise leaking out of the headphones so whatever is playing will not be picked up by the microphones and will not disturb anyone around you.
Thanks to the closed back design and "Bass reflex" technology that improves the bass response these headphones deliver an even and flat sound with fantastic response across all frequencies that is vital in any audio situation. Recording on decent quality headphones means that as a musician you can hear every part to the song you are recording too which means less time fixing problems that occurred due to you not being able to hear the track properly. For producers and engineers good quality headphones can be the difference between a good and bad quality mix or element to the mix, if you can not hear what you are recording in context then you can face some serious problems further down road.
Comfortable To Use
Not only do these headphones produce the sound that every audio engineer needs but they are also extremely comfy to wear for long periods of time all due to the adjustable padded headband and leatherette ear pads so you can work all day long without issue.
One of the things that separates this from some of the headphone crowd is that every part of these headphones are made to last , but if something does happen everything is also completely replaceable so you get a fast turnaround for service and repairs.
Here's what Beyerdynamic say about the DT770 Pro Headphones
The DT 770 PRO is a closed dynamic headphone which has been designed for critical music and sound monitoring. The single-sided cable makes the handling of the headphone easy.
- Closed diffuse-field studio headphone
- "Bass reflex" technology for improved bass response
- Comfortable fit due to rugged, adjustable, soft padded headband construction
- Robust, easy serviceable construction as all parts are replaceable
- Leatherette, circumaural and replaceable ear pads
- 3.0 m (9.8 ft.) straight cable (single-sided)
- Including drawstring bag
- Transmission type: Wired
- Headphone design (operating principle): Closed
- Headphone impedance: 32 ohms
- Headphone frequency response: 5 - 35.000 Hz
- Nominal sound pressure level: 96 dB
- Construction: Circumaural (around the ear)
- Cable & plug: Straight connecting cable with mini-jack plug (3.5 mm) & 1/4" adapter (6.35 mm)
- Net weight without packaging: 270 g