Here's what Arturia says about the MicroFreak Vocoder Edition:
The uniquely unpredictable MicroFreak but not as you know it. 14 digital oscillator modes, velvety analog filters and heaps of modulation/randomization controls, supercharged with wild vocoding abilities.
The Vocoder Engine
We’ve created an entirely new 16-band mode to transform your voice in the Freakiest way possible. The vocoder engine features 3 waveforms - sawtooth, pulse width and noise - while the Timbre and Shape knobs adjust the response of the 16 frequency bands.
MicroFreak Vocoder Edition goes beyond robot vocals. 16 new presets give you instant access to android translations, crystalline harmonies and vibrant formant sequences galore. Connect an external sound source like a drum machine or synth via the headphone socket for glitchy sound processing.
Step Up to the Mic
A simple, removable mic attachment that lets you sprinkle your voice into the mix. A gooseneck design means quick position adjustment, with easy connection straight into the headphone socket alongside your cans. The utility menu lets you set your preferred mic gain and noise gate settings.
A New Dress Code
First impressions make a difference. MicroFreak has always been out to make a statement, and the Vocoder Edition is no exception.
The control panel has been given a makeover. The center strip boasts a bold new Swan graphic, while a sleek white finish makes this limited edition Freak stand out from the crowd - as if it didn’t already.
The Freak Within
Behind the revamped appearance and microphone attachment is the same lovable maniac that set the synth world spinning.
Sparkling digital and wavetable oscillators collide with warm analog filters. A unique poly-aftertouch PCB keyboard combines with a distinctly freaky arpeggiator & sequencer. Bathe your mix in sonic hysterics with the erratic mod matrix or the unique Spice & Dice randomizers.
- Synthesizer with 256 preset slots and 224 factory presets
- 14 variable digital oscillator modes, including Mutable Instruments Plaits engines and new Vocoder mode
- Gooseneck electret microphone
- Analog State Variable Filter, 12dB/octave, resonant, Low Pass, Band Pass, High Pass
- ADSR envelope
- Cycling Envelope offering two modes: Envelope & LFO
- LFO with Sync: Sine, Tri, Saw, Square, Random, Slew Random
- Modulation matrix with 5 sources and 7 destinations (3 custom destinations)
- Monophonic or Paraphonic modes - Up to 4 voices
- Chord mode lets you program a chord shape and play it on any note
- Scale Quantize lets you set a specific scale for the white notes for easy performance
- 25-key capacitive keybed with polyphonic aftertouch
- Capacitive touch strip
- Crisp OLED display for editing and parameter values
- Powerful multi-mode arpeggiator: Up, Order, Random, Pattern modes
- Spice & Dice Gate randomizers
- 64-step sequencer: 2 patterns per preset, 4 automation tracks per preset
- CV / Gate / Mod outputs
- USB, Clock and MIDI in and out
- 6.35mm master and 3.5mm headphone output
- Included Software: MIDI Control Center