If you were making a Eurorack cake, this would be the icing. The Magneto channels all of Strymon's incredible tape echo knowledge into an expansive, versatile and oh-so vibrant-sounding synth module.
Sounds and Modes
Strymon are the kings of modern, analogue tape echo in pedal and module form. Create otherwordly soundscapes with touches of harmonic content, taking a good modular melody to levels of greatness.
The insanely powerful DSP lets you access an array of parameters with smooth and musical transitions for live play. Dial in every crack and crinkle of a real retro tape unit. Choose from three distinct Echo, Loop and Sample modes. Echo is your vintage delay effect, Loop lets you capture and layer pieces, and Sample cuts up and distorts melodies how you like. There's even an independent reverb to bed your tone.
Four Head Feedback
Like the Strymon Volante pedal, the Magneto uses a four head feedback system to saturate particular steps of a tape repeat. Select even, triple or shift repeats and pay close attention to how each step flutters and warbles its way in true analogue style. The Magneto is even better in full stereo for a bouncing echo effect.
- Tape-voiced delay machine with four playback heads and one record head
- Processor-intense dTape algorithm delivers meticulously nuanced recreations of vintage tape echo systems
- Three operational modes: Echo, Sound On Sound Looper, Phrase Sampler
- Varispeed algorithm with dynamic machine mechanics, 8:1 speed range
- Input record level for clean reproduction to warm, fat saturation
- Self-oscillating for tone generation
- Independent Spring Reverb
- Dedicated control over tape mechanics, machine health, and tone: Low Cut, Tape Age, Crinkle, Wow & Flutter
- Transport controls (buttons and CV inputs) for real-time performance options
- Individual Playback Head Level controls
- Individual head Feedback assignment independent of playback level
- Three stereo head panning options, including user-defined custom panning
- Phase aligned clock out (CLK OUT) CVs synched with clock in (CLK IN) CV