Whilst most of us would love to have a studio full of vintage equipment once used by the Beatles, Pink Floyd and Led Zepplin, The reality of old hardware is that it's hard to come-by, expensive and somewhat unreliable. However, if you're still looking for something to capture the essence of classic hardware in your studio, Warm Audio gear is a perfect alternative.
The WA73 preamp pays homage to the legendary Neve 1073 preamp; handwired with carefully selected components so that the sonic performance is true to the original.
The 1073 was the perfect console preamp; a versatile tool that could be used with all different kinds of microphones and a variety of sound sources. The WA73 is just as useful in your studio; from vocals and acoustic instruments to drums, percussion, keyboards and even on the mix bus. With 80dB of gain and a fully discrete Carnhill Transformer balanced signal path, there’s no recording, mixing or engineering task that the WA73 can’t handle.
- Single Channel, Class A, 1073-style British Microphone Preamp
- UK made Carnhill Transformers
- Hand wired, hand assembled
- 80dB of gain - resistor stepped gain switch
- Fully discrete
- TONE button - Changes input transformer impedance for varying tone
- Polarity switch
- 48v phantom power
- 4 position inductor based hipass filter - 50, 80, 160, 300 Hz
- XLR mic input
- Line level TRS input
- TS Send/Receive insert jacks
- XLR & TRS line level outputs
- Direct In, instrument input
- Output control
- Led level indication
- 19" rackable
- Ground lift switch
- Internal IEC 115v/230v power inlet