ART Pro MPA-II - Two Channel Mic Pre w/ A/D Conversion
The Art MPA-II is a two channel Mic Preamp unit with continuously variable input impedance. Not content with just being a great sounding dual mic pre, the MPA-2 offers a fantastic range of features to help you get the most out of the sound source.
The Pro MPA-II adds professional analogue to digital conversion to this quality preamp set, so that you can connect directly to your interface or DAW via ADAT
Match your Preamps to the Microphone Type
The MPA-II features variable input impedance from 150 ohms to a maximum of 2400 ohms. This essentially means that you can tailor the preamp settings to the specific microphone you're using, which can significantly change the sound profile of the mic.
For example, many dynamic and passive ribbon microphones prefer a higher impedance than a condensor, so the MPA-2 can accomodate for this.
Match your preamps to the situation
As the MPA-II is a two channel microphone pre, it is designed to make the most of it's stereo capability. As a result you can set the unit as dual-mono, Stereo or even Mid/side operation with it's dedicated mid/side matrix.
Professional Features at your disposal
The MPA-II also features all the professional tools you need to get the perfect setup for your microphones. Large analogue VU meters help you set the perfect level, Low cut, phantom power, phase invert and a 20db pad give you all the control you need.
All in all the MPA-II is a feature packed system at a really affordable price; perfect for stereo miking from close up on a piano to room miking a full choir!
- Variable Input Impedance For Flexible Microphone Voicing (150 ohms To 2400 ohms)
- Selectable Plate Voltage
- Large VU Meters
- Backlit Function Switches
- Discrete Class-A Input Microphone Preamplifier
- Low Noise at Lower Gain Settings
- Extremely Low Total Harmonic Distortion (THD)
- Wide Frequency Response
- Additional Front Mounted Instrument Input Jack
- Supports Mid/Side Miking Technique
- Operates at +4dbm/-10dbv Output
- Selectable Stereo/Dual Operation of Output Controls
- Automatic Instrument Input Selection
- 24-204KHz External sample rate
- 44.1K, 48K, 88.2K, 96K, 176.4K, 192K Internal sample rates
- 24/16 bit switchable dithering
- Wide dynamic range A/D
- Rotary Encoder for quick selection of sample rate
- Separate analog and digital output level controls
- Digital Level LED meters display both Average and Peak level
- ADAT optical I/O
- Sync to incoming ADAT data rate
- Switch selectable optical output (S/PDIF or ADAT)
- AES/EBU and S/PDIF outputs
- Two wordclock jacks allowing loop through
- Frequency Response 15Hz to 48 kHz (+0, -1dB) @ normal plate voltage
- 15Hz to 120 kHz (+0, -1dB) @ high plate voltage
- Dynamic range: >110dB ("A" weighted)
- CMRR: >90dB
- THD: <0.005% (typical)
- Equivalent Input Noise: -129dBu (XLR, "A" weighted)
- Maximum Input Level: +19dBu (cannon)
- Maximum Instrument Input: +17dBu
- Input Impedance: 150-3000 adjustable (XLR)
- >800k (Instrument)
- Maximum Output Level: +27dBu (XLR)
- Output Impedance:: <47 (XLR)
- Maximum Gain: 75dB
- Meter Calibration: 0 VU = +4dBu output (+4dB mode)
- 0 VU = -10dBV output (-10dB mode)
- High Pass Filter: single pole, 10-200 Hz adjustable
- A/D Frequency Response:
- @44.1KHz sample rate: 10Hz to 21.25KHz (+0, -1dB)
- @88.2KHz sample rate: 10Hz to 42.50KHz (+0, -1dB)
- @196KHz sample rate: 10Hz to 81KHz (+0, -1dB)
- A/D Dynamic Range: >112dB "A" weighted (typical)
- A/D THD: <0.001% @1K (typical)
- A/D Input Sensitivity: +12dBu min
- A/D Insert Input Impedance: >10k
- Power Requirements: USA - 105 to 125 VAC / 60 Hz Export units configured for country of destination
- Dimensions: (HxWxD in) 3.50 x 19.0 x 8.75
- Dimensions: (HxWxD mm) 88 x 482x 222
- Weight: (lb/kg) 10.5 / 4.7
Available For Order
Normally available in 5 days
We can special order this item from our supplier
- Order this item today and we will place a special order with our supplier.
- Normally available in 5 working days
- Delivery time for this item may be longer depending on whether our supplier has the item in stock.
Stock levels last updated at
Free UK Delivery
Check what you would pay - select a deposit
Based on months APR
More finance Options
Hide finance Options^
Total amount payable . APR representative.
Finance is subject to status. Terms and conditions apply.