Toontrack Orchestral Percussion SDX
Here's What Toontrack Say About the Orchestral Percussion SDX
The Immersive Saga Continues.
Welcome to the Orchestral Percussion SDX for Superior Drummer 3.
Captured in the same room, with the same scrutiny for detail and the same 11.1 microphone positioning philosophy as the Superior Drummer 3 core library, the Orchestral Percussion SDX is not just the perfect complement to the Superior line of sounds, it’s a revelation in terms of flexibility and playability within the Superior Drummer 3 framework.
This is not just a sound library, it’s arguably the most all-encompassing and carefully captured collection of handpicked orchestral percussion instruments on the market. Welcome to the Orchestral Percussion SDX for Superior Drummer 3.
- More than 120 individual instruments
- Recorded at the same studio as the Superior Drummer 3 core sound library
- A complete immersive experience
- Playback in stereo up to 11-channel surround systems
- Sampled with extreme attention to detail and articulation
- Optional tools available for selected instruments
- A comprehensive collection of MIDI
- Comes as a factory bundle including two SDX configurations
Two Libraries. Two Interfaces.
Given the range and sheer volume of content, the Orchestral Percussion SDX comes configured as a factory bundle of two separate SDX libraries, both available directly upon installation from the drop-down menu in Superior Drummer 3.
- Volume I includes the more fundamental or leading instruments, such as timpani, bass drums, taikos, snares and toms.
- Volume II covers the triangles, wood blocks, various shakers, chimes and other instruments often used as effects or to embellish or accentuate arrangements.
The Orchestral Percussion SDX covers the entire tonal range from majestic to subtle. You’ll find everything from the quintessential timpani, the thunderous bass drums, the traditional taikos and the classic marching snares to the subtle hand cymbals, triangles and wood blocks. In the Orchestral Percussion SDX, you’ll literally have all the options you need on both ends of the extremes.
Uncompromising Instrument Detail
To us, sampling sounds for an SDX is more than merely recording instruments. It is the craft of capturing the essence and every unique voice of each instrument to give you, the user, the ability to produce limitless and stunningly real performances.
For the Orchestral Percussion SDX, we worked with a team of experienced percussionists to pinpoint exactly what variations, or ‘articulations’ as we like to call them, that needed to be captured for every single instrument. But articulations alone are not enough to express the dynamic range of a drum, cymbal or percussion piece. In order to accurately produce the raw nature of each instrument, every articulation must also be recorded in multiple layers throughout the entire dynamic range – from the softest nudges to the thunderous, room-filling strikes.
- Operating System
- WindowsMac OS
- Trade Doubler Group ID
Finance available at checkout for orders £300+