Hudson Broadcast-AP Ariel Posen Signature Preamp Pedal
Featuring Silicon Transistors & OEP Transformer
More stock due on Fri 10th Jun 2022.
to order online today
at our Guildford Store
FREE UK Delivery
Earn 199 Loyalty Points
Click and Collect
You may recognise Ariel Posen as the co-presenter in many of our 'Guitar Paradiso' videos on Andertons TV, regularly displaying his tasteful chops alongside Peter "Danish Pete" Honore. Also an established solo artist in his own right, Ariel relies on very particular gear to create his soulful sounds.
Posen's signature Hudson Broadcast-AP preamp pedal is an essential ingredient. Providing a smooth yet powerful medium-gain tone that has plenty of low-end grunt, clear upper mids and airy highs; the Broadcast-AP achieves its distinctive character via a pair of silicon transistors and an OEP transformer that keeps frequencies below 100Hz cleaner than the standard Broadcast pedal can.
Here's what Hudson Electronics says about the Ariel Posen Signature Broadcast:
I’ve been very excited to collaborate with Ariel Posen to produce the Broadcast-AP. It’s an evolution of the Broadcast, designed to integrate with Ariel’s unique sound. At the heart of the Broadcast-AP - as the name may suggest - is the same circuitry as the Broadcast. A class-A discrete, transformer-coupled circuit, designed to saturate in a unique way reminiscent of certain recording and broadcast consoles.
We took the low-gain side of the standard Broadcast as the starting point. Together, Ariel and I exchanged the Germanium transistor for a Silicon and used an OEP transformer - the OEP transformer saturates and distorts less below 100Hz compared to the Triad transformer used in the standard Broadcast. These two changes together give the Broadcast-AP a darker, smoother, more powerful tone compared to the standard version. Greater weight in the lows, whilst retaining the open highs and upper-mids, giving the Broadcast a ‘3D’ effect.
The control layout features both Level and Gain Trim potentiometers and a switchable high-pass / low-cut filter - 100Hz @ 6dB/oct. The Gain Trim control has 12dB more gain than the low-gain side of standard Broadcast, allowing the Broadcast-AP to cover ground from clean boost through to medium gain overdrive tones. In addition, the gain of the pedal can be increased via an internal trimmer and - when pushed to the max - the sound becomes overloaded, broken and fuzzy. The high-pass / low-cut filter can help keep the low end together, especially when driving amps at higher gain and volume levels.
- Pair of selected Silicon transistors
- OEP Transformer (made in England) selected to give less THD below 100Hz
- BI Technologies potentiometers
- Lumberg jack sockets (rated for >5000 cycles)
- Heavy duty Alpha foot switches (rated for >30,000 cycles)
- Level – Controls the overall volume of the pedal.
- Gain Trim – Controls the gain level of the Broadcast-AP (can be increased via internal trimmer).
- Low Cut Switch – Activates a high-pass / low-cut filter (this can be adjusted via two internal trimmers).
- DC Socket – The Broadcast-AP requires a DC power supply unit (PSU) and can run at voltages between 9v and 24v; running the Broadcast-AP at voltages higher than 9v gives it more headroom, output level and clarity. This is great for use with higher output instruments (bass guitar, synth, studio line level equipment) or when using the Broadcast-AP as a clean pre-amp boost.
- Please ensure your PSU can supply between 9v and 24v, a minimum current of 20mA and has a 2.1mm negative centre barrel plug. Any other type may damage your pedal. If you plan on sharing the same PSU with other pedals, we recommend using a PSU with isolated outputs.
- Current Draw – Typically less than 20mA
Earn loyalty points whenever you shop at Andertons. Points can be earned and used online, in store or over the phone: earn and use points however you choose to shop! No need to sign up - points are added automatically when you make a purchase! The more you shop, the more you save, so start earning points now!
What are points worth?
One point is worth a 1p discount, and there's no limit on the number of points used per purchase! For example, if you have 1000 points, you can redeem them for a £10 discount on any purchase.
How many points will I earn when I shop?
We display the number of points available for a product on the product's page on our website. Normally we'll give you one point for every pound you spend, but watch out for double and triple points deals for even more savings!
Here at Andertons Music Co. we believe that we stock some of the best musical equipment in the world. That's why we want to make it as quick and easy as possible for you to get your order, safe and sound!
We offer a wide range of delivery options to help fit around your busy lifestyle without compromise. This includes free, named-day delivery for most UK postcodes on orders over £99 which are in stock, Saturday & Sunday deliveries, and competitive delivery rates worldwide.
Please note: Some UK postcodes including remote areas and Northern Ireland are subject to charges.
You can find full details about the services we offer, including details on our international delivery charges, on our main delivery page. Click here to read more.
Garry Lane5th Mar 2022
Trusted Customer2nd Jan 2022
Mr Francesco Bellia18th Sep 2021
Mr Jose Reyes17th Sep 2021
Jacob-Felix M?ller12th Sep 2021
Trusted Customer25th Mar 2021
Connor Gehlert23rd Mar 2021
Trusted Customer21st Mar 2021
Mr Graham Hyman24th Dec 2020
Mr Ivo Galabov24th Dec 2020
Finance available at checkout for orders £300+