The Afterneath is something of a modern classic in the reverb category, and like all of EQD’s creations, it offers a distinctly creative take. With the V3, they’ve added new modes and expression, with hidden controls that allow you to make this inspiring pedal your own!
- 9 new onboard modes including chromatic and pentatonic for eerie pitched ambience
- New advanced ‘Otherworldly Reverb’ algorithm
- Expression/CV control
- Reflect and Drag controls swapped to align with the new ‘mode’ control
- Tails On/Off switch
- An updated graphic that’s even more awesome than before
Here’s what EarthQuaker say:
The Afterneath sounds a lot like it looks – a wizard bursting forth from ethereal cave and ready for the ambient battle. You are the wizard – or sorceress, if you prefer – and the cave is your instrument’s signal, vast, expansive, and magical. Do you go inside? Roll a D20 to proceed!
Once inside, a reflection of light from an unknown source catches your eye, and you notice a bizarre sheen on the walls of the cave. You timidly inch closer to the walls of the cave. Placing your hand gently on the cavern wall, you feel the rock move. The cave is alive! Alarmed, you emit a loud gasp, which reverberates throughout the subterranean landscape. Upon further listening, it appears as though the reverberations of your voice are in fact a swarm of short digital delays which may be used to create wild and cavernous reverbs, or scattered, short, rhythmic delays with bizarre characteristics.
- Dimensions: 4.75 x 2.50 x 2.25 in. (121 x 64 x 57 mm) with knobs
- Current Draw: 100 mA
- Input Impedance: 1 MΩ
- Output Impedance: 500 Ω
- Expression Jack - an expression pedal control jack for the Drag. Any expression pedal will work with the Afterneath. Tip is the wiper, Ring is 5v and Sleeve is ground.
- You can also use CV with this jack. CV operates 0-5v.
- Flexi-Switch Technology – tap for standard latching operation, hold for momentary operation
- Tails/no-tails switching – to deactivate tails, unplug the power cable from the power jack, hold down the footswitch and insert the power cable, and the LED will flash 3 times. You can now release the footswitch.