Here's what ROLI say about the Touch Block:
Take full control over the five dimensions of touch of your Lightpad Block and Seaboard Block, and change the way each instrument responds to touch.
There are 8 functions on the Touch Block:
1. Strike- Adjusts the sensitivity of Seaboard and Lightpad Blocks to the velocity with which initial contact is made. When turned to zero, the Blocks automatically play each note at maximum volume no matter how hard the surface is struck.
2. Glide- Adjusts the sensitivity of Seaboard and Lightpad Blocks to lateral finger movements. At maximum glide, the surfaces are completely continuous, like a violin’s fretboard, whereas at minimum glide the surfaces behave more like a piano keyboard, with discrete keys that are unresponsive to sideways movements.
3. Slide- Adjusts the sensitivity of Seaboard and Lightpad Blocks to up-down finger movements, allowing you to dictate whether you use the whole key for modulating a sound parameter, or just a slight finger movement.
4. Press- Adjusts the sensitivity of Seaboard and Lightpad Blocks to the pressure with which a note is held.
5. Lift- Adjusts the sensitivity of Seaboard and Lightpad Blocks to the rate at which fingers are removed from the surface.
6. Strike Lock - Fixes the strike (velocity) dimension to a specific value, which is adjustable using the +/- buttons. Perfect if you need to ensure you play every note at the same volume.
7. Glide Lock - Also known as “Portamento Mode”, this automatically glides the pitch between one note and the next note played, at a rate adjusted by the +/- buttons.
8. Piano Mode - Removes all touch response except for strike (velocity) so your Block responds in just the same way a traditional piano does.
- Connectivity / Ports: Bluetooth LE, 6 BLOCKS DNA connectors
- Power Source: Charges via connection to the Lightpad Block
- Width: 48mm (1.9 inches)
- Height: 20mm (0.78 inches)
- Depth: 94mm (3.7 inches)
- Weight: 160g (0.35 pounds)