If you are fed up of listening to music on your standard computer or Laptop speakers, and want a more professional monitoring solution without emptying your bank account, The M audio AV series is a fantastic choice.
Building on the success of their best-selling AV40 speakers, M Audio have created the upgraded AV42 monitors, providing 20 Watts of power per speaker. Made with acoustically inert MDF cabinets, the AV speakers keep costs down whilst eliminating unwanted resonances that muddy more amateur speaker setups.
Although not as small as the AV32s, the AV42s are still pretty compact, so they wont take up too much desk space or need to be driven hard to get the best out of them. They are perfect for creating and listening to all types of media, and great when you're short on space or on the move.
Despite their small speaker design, the AV42s don't suffer on performance thanks to a 2-way design that features an optimized bass reflex design and OptimageIV waveguides. Where many small speakers would fail in producing frequencies at the very top and bottom of the spectrum, the AV42s deliver extended bass and crystal clear highs.
The AV32s have a number of standard inputs so that you can connect to all your gear. Whether you're creating and producing media, or consuming it by gaming, watching videos or listening to music, the AV42s will enhance your experience.
- Type: Two-way desktop reference speaker
- Low-Frequency Driver: 4" diameter, polypropylene-coated, with high-temperature voice coil
- High-Frequency Driver: 1" diameter, silk cone tweeter
- Frequency Response: 75 Hz – 20 kHz
- Crossover Frequency: 2.7 kHz
- RMS SPL: 101.5 dB @ 1 meter
- Signal-To-Noise Ratio: > 90 dB (typical, A-weighted)
- Input Connectors: Left and right RCA line input, and 1/8" aux input
- Polarity: Positive signal at "+" input produces outward low-frequency cone displacement
- Dynamic Power: 20 watts continuous, per channel into 4
- Input Impedance: 10 k unbalanced
- Input Sensitivity: 100 mV pink noise input produces 90 dBA output SPL at 1 meter with volume control at maximum
- Protection: RF interference, output current limiting, over temperature, turn on/off transient, subsonic filter
- Indicator: blue power LED for aligning wave guide
- Power Requirements: 100-120V/~50/60 Hz, 220-240V/~50/60 Hz; powered via detachable 2-conductor line cord
- Cabinet: Vinyl-laminated MDF
- Dimensions: 8.4" x 5.7" x 7.4 (21.3 cm x 14.6 cm x 18.8 cm)
- Weight: 7.6 lbs (3.43 kg)