Here's what Klark Teknik say about the EQP-KT:
If ever there is an official “Audio Technology Hall of Fame”, it will definitely include a shrine to the legendary Pultec EQP-1A. We pay homage to this audio-processing pioneer that has graced so many recordings, with our EQP-KT Classic Tube Equaliser. And while vintage Pultec units are extremely rare and expensive, the EQP-KT is amazingly affordable – and designed for the 21st Century. Mastering quality equalisation, at a price point that makes the EQP-KT equally at home in your studio – and your live rack!
A Class Act
At the heart of the EQP-KT is a vintage Class-A circuit design constructed from the highest-quality discrete components – all of which meet or exceed the Pultec EQP-1A’s original specifications. This is just one of the many ways the EQP-KT brings unparalleled precision and superb signal integrity into the new audio age.
The Warm Sound of Tubes
EQP-KT owes its characteristic warmth to a set of premium, hand-selected 12AX7 and 12AU7 tubes. This time-tested combination provides ultra low-noise analog output with the ideal balance of tight, warm bass, silky-smooth midrange and brilliant, airy treble.
EQP-KT provides the kind of tone-sculpting flexibility that you simply won’t find on the average equaliser, such as the ability to boost and cut specific frequency content simultaneously. This functionality is a product of EQP-KT’s two-band design, which allows the boost and cut controls to work independently of one another – for incredibly flexible shelving. Both the LF Boost/Cut and HF Boost controls provide 7 frequency selections, along with a variable broad-bandwidth midrange control. Finally, EQP-KT’s HF Cut control lets you dial in the perfect amount of “air” to add a touch of finesse to your top-end content.
- Single-channel, two-band equaliser based on the classic Pultec* EQP-1A
- Class A, all discrete circuitry for highest signal integrity
- Premium selection 12AX7 and 12AU7 tubes
- Custom-built Midas input and output transformers
- Switchable frequency selectors with up to 7 frequency points
- Independent boost and cut controls provide immense creative potential
- Variable bandwidth control for wide sound sculpting
- Inductor based equaliser section
- Bypass feature allows for A/B comparison
- Transformer balanced inputs and outputs on Neutrik* XLR connectors
- Rugged 2U rackmount chassis for durability in portable applications
- Auto-ranging universal switch-mode power supply
- 10-Year Warranty Program*