Book a video appointment
Buying a premium guitar at the moment is a tricky experience. However, fear not! Our new Guitar Gallery specialists (Paul, and Paul), are on-hand to help talk you through your purchase, make recommendations and give you the confidence to make the right decision.
With over 30 combined years of boutique and rare guitar sales between them, the Pauls really know their stuff and can help you choose, or track down that special piece you’re looking for.
Click here to book your video appointment now.
We teamed up with the Fender Custom Shop to design a series of artist-inspired Stratocasters to our own specifications. These are our interpretations of some of our favourite Fender artists’ guitars – this particular number is based on the early ‘60s Strat, painstakingly relic’d by Fender CS luthiers.
The '61 Model
Our ’61 Strat has a wonderfully smooth feel to it, with a couple of minor differences between a '61 and previous runs. We also tweaked a few of the specs with premium tone and playability in mind.
By 1961, Fender were beginning to transition into using alder to build most of their guitars. We've stuck with tradition here, pairing an alder body with a maple neck and topped with a 9mm slab rosewood fingerboard. The neck is carved to the popular Mid ‘60s-style Oval "C" shape.
The Strat is equipped with '65 Fender Custom Shop Single Coils using Alnico V magnets. These deliver a vintage hot tone you’d expect from a mid-'60s style Strat. It adds focus and improves dynamics but also means that if you want a bit more output from your guitar, you’ve got it! Perfect for Hendrix-esque cleans and fuzz tones alike.
These pickups are super versatile and everything you’d ever want from a vintage guitar. Fat and powerful with a crystal clean top-end and bell-like response.
As the name suggests, Heavy Relic is the Fender Custom Shop’s most extreme form of guitar ageing. Designed to offer the feel of a genuine classic instrument, these instruments are overflowing with character. Beautifully-aged finishes, smooth worn-in necks, relic hardware – you’ll feel like you’re wielding a true piece of guitar history.
- Body: 60 Strat
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Profile: 60s-style Oval "C"
- Neck Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood (9mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25” (184.1 mm)
- Frets: 21, Vintage Style
- Position Inlays: Micarta White Dots
- Nut (Material/Width): Bone, 1.650” (42 mm)
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
- Hardware Finish: Gold Relic
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Synchronized Tremolo
- Tuning Machines: Schaller Guitar Deluxe Relic Gold
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Parchment
- Control Knobs: Parchment
- Pickups: Custom Shop Hand-Wound ‘65 Strat Single-Coils
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickups, Position 3. Middle, Position 4. Neck and Middle Pickups, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Middle Pickup)
- Strings: .010-.046
- Case/Gig Bag: Custom Shop Brown Hardshell Case