The EVH 5150 is commonly considered to be one of the greatest rock and metal amps ever made. It's gone through many iterations over the years, but the 5150 III Stealth is undoubtedly the best yet.
Three Channels Of Dreamy High Gain
This 50w amplifier is well known the world over for its ability to deliver crushing metal overdrive with highly enviable cleans on the side. The special edition Stealth doesn't stray from the classic three channel (clean, crunch, lead) layout but instead looks to tweak each one to perfection.
Each channel has the same controls with volume, gain, presence, low, mid and high all accessible from the front panel with a global resonance dial on the back.
There are a couple of character changes to note: the crunch and lead channels both have increased gain for greater sustain, as well as a few voicing tweaks. The low midrange in channel two is now more defined to help you keep your sound crisp and clear. Channel three has had its low control widened to sound bigger and even more devastating.
The EVH Quality
EVH amplifiers are built like tanks. They'll last for years on the road and in any studio without issue. Just make sure to keep the eight JJ ECC83 preamp tubes and four Wing CC 6L6 power amp tubes in top condition to get the best sound night after night.
Easy Access Bias
Unless you are particularly skilled, a trip to your local tech is required to change amp tubes. Normally they need to bias the tubes to make sure they are running at optimal capacity. That is not the case with the Stealth, as you have easy access bias controls on the back to let you set the valves as hot or as cool as you like. Finding the perfect balance for great tone and valve life is essential to any pro rig.
- Grill Cloth/Material: Perforated Steel Front and Rear Panel
- Amplifier Covering: Black Textured Vinyl
- Cabinet Material: White Birch
- Preamp Tubes: 7 x JJ ECC83S (12AX7)
- Power Tubes: 2 x Shuguang 6L6G MSTR
- HARDWARE: Control Knobs, Black Chicken-Head Style Pointer
- Handle: Molded Plastic Strap with Nickel-Plated Caps
- Front Panel: Black EVH®-Striped Steel
- Footswitch: 4-Button Footswitch Included
- Footswitch Connection Type: 1/4"