Here's what ESP says about the KH-3 Spider Kirk Hammett Signature 30th Anniversary Electric Guitar:
In 1991, Kirk Hammett of Metallica came to ESP with a request for a new guitar with a single cutaway design, but with the features of his KH-2 guitar. Metallica’s graphic artist Pushead designed a spider graphic specifically for this new instrument. The KH-3 was played by Kirk throughout the ’90s on tours supporting the legendary Black Album. After spending a number of years on display at the Rock and Roll Hall of fame, the original KH-3 was returned to ESP so we could reference it for this 30th Anniversary edition.
Handcrafted at the ESP Custom Shop in Japan, the ESP Kirk Hammett Signature Series 30th Anniversary KH-3 Spider is a reissue of the original KH-3 model with a few upgrades. In addition to neck-thru-body construction, a Floyd Rose Original bridge, and a fast extra-thin U-shaped neck with an ebony fingerboard which is scalloped from #17-24. Also new for the anniversary model are Kirk’s signature EMG Bonebreaker pickups.
- Body: Alder
- Finish: Black w/ Spider Graphic
- Neck: 3-Piece Maple
- Neck Contour: Extra Thin U
- Construction: Neck-Thru
- Scale: 24.75"
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Radius: 350mm
- Frets: 24 XJ
- Nut: Floyd Rose Locking
- Nut Width: 42mm
- Bridge: Floyd Rose Original Locking Tremolo
- Tuners: Grover
- Strap Buttons: Standard
- Hardware Colour: Black
- Bridge Pickup: EMG BoneBreaker
- Neck Pickup: EMG BoneBreaker
- Controls: Neck Volume/Bridge Volume/Tone/Toggle Switch
- Strings: Elixir Nanoweb Super Light (9-42)
- Case/Gig Bag: EC Guitar Form Fit Case
- Accessories: Certificate of Authenticity