The Chapman MLB1 is the return of an incredibly popular bass guitar. The new MLB1 Pro has some incredible new features that make it one of the best pro basses you can get your hands on at this price point.
Body & Neck
American Black Walnut is used for the body; this may surprise some, as Walnut is known for its density and subsequent tonal brightness. This actually makes for a unique bass tone that sets the MLB1 apart from the crowd. Expect plenty of midrange and a crystal-clear attack, perfect for modern styles.
The neck is roasted Maple, adding the clarity and full-bodied attack. Combined with an Wenge fretboard, and you've got an extremely pronounced bass - the MLB1 doesn't do subtlety. To top it off, the neck has an oil finish, the body features a satin finish and ergonomic curves, ensuring a totally comfy playing experience.
Electronics & Hardware
Chapman have loaded the MLB1 with 2 x Chapman Equinox Jazz humbuckers, featuring warm and hot Alnico 5 magnets. These pickups add an element of contrast to the otherwise bright tonewood combination, taming it and delivering a brilliantly resonant tone all-round.
The new MLB1 also features a coil split for a drop of tonal versatility, a dual-action truss rod for stability, and a Chapman Pro hard case. This is a working musician's bass through and through!
- Body: American Black Walnut
- Body Finish: Satin
- Neck: Roasted Maple with American Black Walnut Stripe with oil finish
- Neck Joint: Neck-through with volute
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Fretboard: Wenge fretboard with rolled edges
- Truss Rod: Dual action
- Tuners: Wilkinson
- Headstock: Angled Serekh headstock
- String Nut: 35mm Graph Tech Black TUSQ XL Bass Nut
- Nut Width: 38 mm
- Scale: 34" / 864 mm
- 24 Jumbo frets
- Neck Pickup: Chapman Equinox JBuckers Jazz Humbucker (Alnico 5, 12.66k ohms)
- Bridge Pickup: Chapman Equinox JBuckers Jazz Humbucker (Alnico 5, 13.23k ohms)
- Switching: Coil split option
- Colour: Walnut
- Incl. Chapman Pro case