Boss Katana 50 MkII 1x12" Guitar Amp Combo
Turbocharged with more sounds and effects for increased versatility
Boss Katana MkII Version 2 Free Software Update!
The free Katana MkII Version 2 software update delivers a host of new features that further enhance the capabilities of your Boss Katana MkII guitar amplifier. Version 2 elevates the expressive power of your amp with newly added tone-shaping tools available in the Boss Tone Studio app.
- Contour Settings - Shape your core tone with three different Contour settings, each with four customizable frequency curves to choose from.
- New Solo Block in FX Chain - Refine your lead guitar voice with a moveable Solo block, which can be assigned for on/off control via an external footswitch or the GA-FC Foot Controller.
- New EQ Block in FX Chain - Moveable EQ block for additional tonal adjustment.
- Two New Effects - Centa OD (Booster block) and Solo EQ (Solo block).
- Three Global EQs - Fine-tune the overall sound for different guitars and styles.
- Expanded Cab IR Capabilities - The Line Out cabinet IR options now include selectable microphone types and positions, giving you greater control of your direct sound.
Click here to find out how to update your Katana MkII.
Boss' original Katana amps received worldwide acclaim for their authentic tube tones, high-quality built-in effects, unparalleled versatility and brilliant value. Building on this best-selling formula, Boss has unveiled its next generation of flagship guitar amplifiers - the Katana MkII series! Enhanced with more sounds, effects and connectivity options; Boss Katana MkII amps are the ultimate all-encompassing tone tools for the studio and stage.
The Boss Katana 50 MkII is a medium-sized combo amp packed full of modern features, with a lightweight and compact enclosure that's easy to transport to venues. Fitted with a custom 12" speaker that can push plenty of air in a live scenario, the Katana 50 MkII also serves as a fantastic practice amp for the home.
Broad Tonal Palette
Picking up where the originals left off, Boss has expanded the amount of sounds available to users with its Katana MkII amplifiers. Newly-voiced variations are now available for all five amp characters, ultimately doubling the amount of tones at your disposal! Changing their feel and response, this 'Variation' function can be engaged via a simple button placed above the 'Amp Type' control.
If you're unfamiliar with the Katana's amp types, this immensely versatile combo offers five primary amp sounds that cover everything from organic vintage clean tones to modern high-gain onslaught. There's even a dedicated voice that's optimised for electro-acoustic guitars! And with Boss' Tube Logic technology, the Katana 50 MkII delivers the convincing feel and harmonic content of genuine tube amplifiers.
Diverse Built-In Effects
Boss are most renowned for their guitar pedals, and the company has crammed a bunch of its high-quality effects into its Katana amplifiers. Taking it to the next level with the MkII series, you can now use five different effects simultaneously rather than just three - giving you the power of a massive pedalboard inside your amp!
Independent boost, modulation, FX, delay, and reverb sections come loaded from the factory, and with three variations of each, you have 15 ready-to-play effects to choose from! And by connecting to the accompanying Boss Tone Studio software via USB, you can dive much deeper and customise the sections with over 60 different effect types. Change the order with four different effects chains, and deep-edit parameters.
Save Your Favourite Settings
With incredible digital processing power, the Boss Katana 50 MkII can also store your favourite amp and effects setups for instant recall. Simply dial in your favoured sound, and use the dedicated 'Panel' button to save and store. Four preset slots (two banks of two) are available, which can be switched on the control panel or via a compatible external footswitch (sold separately).
Amplify Your External Gear
The Boss Katana 50 MkII is an incredible, feature-rich standalone amp. However, it can also be used as a powered cabinet for preamp pedals, modellers and multi-effects units! With a 'Power Amp In' jack at the rear, you can bypass the Katana MkII’s preamp and effects, letting you connect straight into the Tube Logic power section. With Boss' Tone Studio software, you can also optimise the input to suit your particular gear with a high-pass filter and adjustable gain.
The Katana 50 MkII features USB and phones/recording outputs with mic’d cabinet emulation. This lets you send mix-ready amp tones to a computer's DAW for direct recording, headphones for silent practice, or even a front-of-house PA system for live performance.
This direct sound can be shaped with three different 'Air Feel' settings, which are accessible from the Tone Studio too. Two-channel USB operation is also supported, allowing you to track in true stereo with many of the Katana MkII's modulation, EQ, delay, and reverb effects - for an engulfing, three-dimensional sound.
Boss 'Tone Studio' Updates
Alongside the evolution of their Katana amps, Boss has also evolved its accompanying Tone Studio software. Featuring a refreshed interface, a number of parameters have been consolidated into the main screen to enhance workflow for users. Boss has also made a dedicated 'Pedal FX' category, which makes it easier to assign wah and pedal bend effects to a connected expression pedal. If you own a first-generation Boss Katana, it’s also possible to import your custom patches and use them all with a Katana MkII!
- Stage-ready 50-watt combo amp with a custom 12-inch speaker
- Tube Logic design approach produces class-defying power, authoritative punch, and cutting presence
- Five unique amp characters (Clean, Crunch, Lead, Brown, and Acoustic), plus newly voiced variations for each
- Five independent effects sections (Booster, Mod, FX, Delay, and Reverb), with three selectable variations in each
- Dedicated Pedal FX for foot-controlled wah and pedal bend
- Updated BOSS Tone Studio software for customizing your sound with over 60 different BOSS effects, channel and global EQs, adjustable routing, and much more
- Power Amp In for preamps, modelers, and multi-effects
- Four Tone Setting memories for storing and recalling all amp and effect settings
- Power Control for achieving cranked-amp tone and response at low volumes
- Three Cab Resonance options (Vintage, Modern, and Deep), selectable in BOSS Tone Studio
- Mic’d cabinet emulation on the USB and phones/recording outputs, with three Air Feel settings available in BOSS Tone Studio
- Rear-panel connections for up to two footswitches or an expression pedal
- Pro setups available at BOSS Tone Central
- Rated Power Output: 50W
- Power Consumption: 47 W
- Speaker: 30 cm (12 inches)
Nominal Input Level
- INPUT: -10 dBu (1 M ohm)
- AUX IN: -10 dBu (20 k ohms)
- POWER switch
- MASTER knob
- POWER CONTROL switch (STANDBY, 0.5W, 25W, 50W)
- VARIATION button
- AMP TYPE switch (ACOUSTIC, CLEAN, CRUNCH, LEAD, BROWN)
- GAIN knob
- VOLUME knob
- BASS knob
- MIDDLE knob
- TREBLE knob
- BOOSTER button
- MOD button
- FX button
- DELAY button
- REVERB button
- TAP button
- BOOSTER knob
- MOD knob
- FX knob
- DELAY knob
- REVERB knob
- CH1 button
- CH2 button
- PANEL button
- INPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- POWER AMP IN jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- REC OUT/PHONES jack: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- EXP PEDAL/CTL CH1/CH2 jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
- AUX IN jack: Stereo miniature phone type
- USB port: USB B type
- AC IN jack
- 470 (W) x 238 (D) x 398 (H) mm
- 18-9/16 (W) x 9-3/8 (D) x 15-11/16 (H) inches
- 11.6 kg
- 25 lbs 10 oz
- Owner's manual
- Power cord
Options (sold separately)
- Footswitch: BOSS FS-5L, BOSS FS-6, BOSS FS-7
- Expression pedal: Roland EV-5, BOSS EV-30, BOSS FV-500L, BOSS FV-500H
Trusted Customer19th Feb 2024
Trusted Customer7th Feb 2024
Sarah1st Feb 2024
Mr Paul Brewer16th Jan 2024
Trusted Customer2nd Jan 2024
Mr Richard Stockman1st Jan 2024
Trusted Customer10th Dec 2023
Mike3rd Dec 2023
Mr kirk marshall13th Nov 2023
Mr Lindsay Marshall17th Sep 2023
Finance available at checkout for orders £300+