The new U.S.A. Geddy Lee Jazz Bass combines the specs and features of Lee's three favourite basses-two Fender Custom Shop versions of his signature model and the original sleek black '72 Jazz Bass. Connected straight to a D.I Interface this is the bass that has filled stadiums around the world at the heart of "Power-Trio" Rush.
Rock Solid Tone
Two vintage-style single-coil Jazz Bass pickups, setup to sound just like Lee's prized 1972 Jazz bass, get you as close as possible to that Geddy Lee tone. The Hi-Mass bridge gives you better sustain and intonation and lets you really dig in without pulling the strings out of tune, essential for metal grooves and hard rock pounding.
The personal touch.
Fender have always worked hand in hand with musicians. The Artist Series aims to capture the tone and spirit of the world's best players and put it in your hands. Inspired and guided by the artist's themselves from conception to sale you get a guitar that lets you try out the setup that helped make them great. What will you do with it-
Finished in simple Gloss black with a pearloid pickguard and white fret inlays this bass doesn't just sound great, it looks great too. Whatever style of music you play this will fit right in. As they say, black goes with everything.
Here's what Fender have to say about the Geddy Lee Signature Series
Bassists have loved the signature Geddy Lee Jazz Bass for years. The neck has a thicker custom profile, topped by a maple fingerboard with elegant white binding and white pearloid block inlays. For enormous tone that crackles with life and bristles with the energy, its two vintagestyle single-coil Jazz Bass pickups are specially wound and voiced to sound like those on Lee's prized 1972 original, and a Geddy Lee signature High-Mass bridge provides rock-solid intonation.
- Series: Artist
- Body Wood: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck: Maple, Custom Thick "C"
- Neck Finish: Hand Rubbed Oil on Back, Gloss Urethane on Front
- String Nut: Bone, 1.5" (38.1 mm)
- Fingerboard: Pearloid Block, 9.5" (241 mm) Radius
- Frets: 20, Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: White Pearloid Block
- Scale Length: 34" (864 mm)
- Hardware: Nickel/Chrome
- Bridge: Geddy Lee High Mass
- Pickguard: 4-Ply White Pearloid
- Tuning Machines:
- Vintage-Style Open-Back
- Strings: Fender USA 7250M, NPS, (.045-.105 Gauges)
- Pickups: Custom Voiced American Vintage '70s Geddy Lee (Bridge and
- Other Features: Vintage-Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass Control Knobs
- Controls: Volume 1. (Middle Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master tone
- Case/Gig Bag: ABS Molded