The Batallion is an all-in-one Bass DI pedal with everything that you'd need to get fat, driven bass tones in a live or studio situation without carrying a massive, heavy rig around with you.
The Batallion has a variety of professional features that you'd normally need to carry around in a 12u rack! Things like the compressor, 4-band EQ, Noise Gate and a comprehensive input and output section.
You've got a direct microphone XLR output for recording or going directly into a PA system as well as a standard jack output for running an amp at the same time.
The EQ Section has low and top end controls as you'd expect with a low and high mid to create the exact kind of note definition that you can hear in your head. Whether that be woolly fuzzy bass tones or tight, clean slap and pop sounds.
Here's what Electro-Harmonix say about the Batallion
The Battalion Bass Preamp and DI is a compact, flexible pedal that delivers powerful tone shaping capabilities in a rugged pedalboard-friendly package. The Battalion is loaded with features that will appeal to tone conscious bass players and includes a four-band equalizer, fully-featured MOSFET distortion section with three signal path options, a compressor, a noise gate and comprehensive I/O.
- Four-band EQ tailored specifically for bass guitar. Includes controls for Bass (below 200Hz), Lo Mid (boost/cut at 280Hz Mid (boost/cut at 750Hz) and Treble (boost/cut above 2kHz).
- The Battalion’s distortion section delivers an awesome array of distorted bass sounds.
- Distortion section features Level, Blend, Drive and Tone controls plus a dedicated footswitch.
- Three signal flow modes yield unique tonal variations. Pre EQ, distortion comes before EQ. Post EQ, distortion comes after EQ and Dry EQ, only the dry signal mixed in with the Blend control is affected by the EQ
- Compressor with dedicated pushbutton, amount control and LED adds thump and sustain to your bass sound
- Noise Gate with adjustable threshold control eliminates noise and hum while preserving your attack and original tone
- Flexible I/O allows the Battalion to fit perfectly in any bass rig or application
- ¼" input jack includes switchable 10dB pad
- Includes a headphone ready ¼" output jack plus a hardwired ¼" dry output jack
- Balanced XLR output for use as a DI. The DI features dedicated level, bypass and ground lift controls
- The Battalion features all-analog circuitry and comes with an EHX9.6DC-200mA AC adapter