- Absolutely perfectly matched stereo pair thanks to AKG's sophisticated computer-aided matching method
- Highest possible correlation over the whole frequency range and virtually identical sensitivity
- Selected from thousands of individual microphones
Realistic stereo recordings require microphones with outstanding performance and excellent quality. They also require performance consistency and accurate localisation from the pair of microphones. Therefore, every factory-matched pair has been created from thousands of individual microphones selected by AKG's sophisticated computer-aided matching method. The result is the highest possible correlation over the whole frequency range and virtually identical sensitivity for stunning, three-dimensional recordings.
The matched pairs consist of two microphones that are within 1 dB to each other in sensitivity and also within 1 dB to each other in the range of 300 Hz to 8,000 Hz of the individual frequency response when used in cardioid mode. The microphones are selected from a large quantity of individual microphones according to the described criteria by using a proprietary computer program.
Using this matched pair for stereo recordings in various techniques will provide a good and stable balance without frequency-dependent shifting of the stereo panorama.
- Nine selectable pickup patterns enable to choose the perfect setting for every application
- Lock Mode: all controls can be disabled easily for trouble-free use
- Peak Hold LED even detects shortest overload peaks
- Incredible Dynamic Range of 152 dB
- Three switchable different bass cut filters and three pre-attenuation levels
- Leading-edge technology and state-of-the-art components ensure shortest signal path and extra protection against moisture
- Designed, engineered and built in Vienna, Austria
AKG's legendary C 414 needs no introduction – it is a tool found in most recording studios and has been used on thousands of hit records; it's been on stage with artists of every musical genre and is also used by leading broadcast facilities the world over.
For over 60 years, leading musicians and engineers have used legendary AKG microphones to capture their sound so their audience hears every nuance. The C 414 family has been one of the world's most widely-used and respected studio and stage microphones in audio history. AKG has continually set new benchmarks for useful features, improved technical specifications and ease of use to answer requests from ever-demanding recording studios, broadcast stations and audio engineers.
The new models C 414 XLS and C 414 XL II offer nine pickup patterns which enable to choose the perfect setting for every application. For live-sound applications and permanent installations all controls can be disabled easily for trouble-free use. A Peak Hold LED displays even shortest overload peaks.
The C 414 XLS maintains the sonic character of the legendary C 414 B-ULS, the longest-lived C 414 model. Engineered for highest linearity and neutral sound, it is the most universal and versatile large diaphragm microphone for decades. Widely used for accurate, beautifully detailed pickup of any acoustic instrument the new C 414 XLS combines proven reference quality, leading-edge technology and state-of-the-art components.
The C 414 comes complete with carrying case, pop filter, windscreen, and spider-type shock mount.