Second Hand Items Disclaimer
Second Hand gear is often subject to some wear depending on age and how well it was looked after. Any significant cosmetic damage is shown in the photos so please take the time to look through and make sure you are happy with the condition before buying. Please see below for a description of the condition of this item.Second Hand FAQ
Condition: Good - Some faint scratches but looks good
Check out the photos and see if this is the deal for you! This item is second hand and may not include all accesories. Please contact us for further information.
Ed Sheeran and Martin have teamed up again to create a wonderful new signature guitar that's based on the recognizable artwork off of Ed's latest album 'X' (Multiply). This exciting, short-scale acoustic is a great guitar for anyone with smaller hands or if you just want a guitar that's compact and lightweight to take from gig to gig.
Shorter Scale Design
Ed has always been a fan of the Little Martin shape which takes a dreadnought and shrinks it down to a smaller body with 23" scale. Some will prefer this as the frets will be closer together while others will like this because it is much easier to travel with than a full sized acoustic. Even with this smaller shape you don't lose any tone so live and in the studio this guitar performs extremely well.
Solid Spruce Top
While the original Martin Ed Sheeran guitar '+' model had a solid Sapele top in recent years Ed Sheeran has opted for a solid Spruce top instead. This gives the guitar a much brighter sound when compared to the Sapele model so you can really cut through a mix when you need to. Which with Ed's more complex work he certainly needs to do.
The sides are now made of Koa as well which is not only absolutely stunning but it also sounds great. The sound of your guitar will not disapear by it trying to project out of the back. It instead pushes all of the sound out of the front of the guitar for maximum projection with a small guitar.
Ready For The Stage
To make sure you can hit the stage with a loop pedal like the man himself this guitar comes with a high quality Fishman Isys T electronics that has a fantastic natural sound. This natural sound works great for a wide range of different playing styles so you can experiment with a bunch of different techniques.
The Sheeran 'X' Design
When you see this guitar there is no denying that it was designed after Sheeran's artwork from his 'X' album with a large X on the body and small green X fret markers and headstock design.
Here's what Martin have to say about the Ed Sheeran X Signature
The Ed Sheeran X Signature Edition is the second Signature Artist Edition from multi-platinum singer/songwriter and Martin Ambassador Ed Sheeran. Designed in collaboration with the team at Martin Guitar, this edition features Ed's Signature "X" (multiply) sign on the headstock and down the fretboard. The six times platinum-selling album’s logo is inlayed in solid koa on a solid spruce wood top. The model comes stage-ready equipped with Fishman® Isys T electronics, Martin® SP® Lifespan® strings and a padded gig bag. Ed Sheeran is donating 100% of his royalties from the sale of every model to the East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (www.each.org.uk).
- Model: Ed Sheeran X Signature Edition
- Construction: Mortise/Tenon Neck Joint
- Body Size: Modified 0-14 Fret
- Top: Solid Spruce top with inlaid Koa "X"
- Rosette: No rosette
- Top Bracing Pattern: Modified X Series ''X''
- Top Braces: Crowned Cross Brace
- Back Material: Koa HPL Textured Finish
- Back Purfling: None
- Side Material: Koa HPL Textured Finish
- Endpiece: None
- Endpiece Inlay: None
- Binding: None
- Top Inlay Style: None
- Side Inlay: None
- Back Inlay: None
- Neck Material: Birch Laminate- Brown
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval
- Nut Material: Black Corian
- Headstock: Solid/LX Taper
- Headplate: Black HPL Textured Finish with Green CFM Logo and "X" Sign
- Heelcap: None
- Fingerboard Material: Richlite
- Scale Length: 23''
- Number Of Frets Clear: 14
- Number Of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1-11/16''
- Fingerboard Width At 12th Fret: 2-1/16''
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: Green "X" at 3rd, 5th, 7th, 9th fret. "XX" at 12th fret
- Fingerboard Binding: None
- Finish Back & Sides: None
- Finish Top: Hand Rubbed Aging Toner Finish
- Finish Neck: None
- Bridge Material: Richlite
- Bridge Style: Belly
- Bridge String Spacing: 2 1/8''
- Saddle: 16'' Radius/Compensated/Black Tusq
- Tuning Machines: Black Ping w/Small Knobs
- Recommended Strings: Martin SP Lifespan Phosphor Bronze Medium Gauge (MSP7200)
- Bridge & End Pins: Black & Electronics Jack
- Pickguard: None
- Case: Padded Gig Bag
- Electronics: Fishman Isys T w/Tuner
- Other Options: Available left-handed at no additional charge
- Other Comments: All prices & specifications are subject to change without notice.