The Martin LX1E, affectionately known as the "Little Martin", is a charming travel-sized guitar that gives you all the woody, bassy tone of a good Martin in a small body, short-scale-length variant. The Little Martin is constructed like its full-sized siblings with a solid spruce top and rosewood fretboard, the LX1E Little Martin projects like a good acoustic guitar should.
Martin throw in a Fishman Sonitone T pickup system and a gig bag so the LX1E will accompany you ably on your travels, or sit comfortably at home - ready to grab whenever inspiration strikes. This guitar sounds great, the tone is warm with plenty of character and it feels comfortable to play. Dont let it's smaller size fool you, it has all the depth of sound you'd expect from a full size Martin.
Smooth, comfy neck
The neck is cut to the very comfortable-to-play modified low oval profile. It is made from rust stratabond, a dye impregnated wood veneer that has now been utilised by Martin for their guitar necks due to its excellent durability and strength. As an alternative to traditional rosewood or ebony, the fingerboard is made from richlite.
This is a lightweight composite material that is held in high regard due to its incredible strength, which adds to the integrity of the neck. The neck has a generous 23” scale length, which is home to 20 very playable frets. The fingerboard width at the nut is 1-11/16” extending to 2-1/6” at the 12th fret, giving a very comfortable playing surface.
Fishman’s Sonitone Onboard Preamp Systems are designed to meet the needs of acoustic guitars and ukuleles. The Fishman Sonitone Onboard Preamp System features a soundhole mounted preamp with rotary controls for Volume and Tone.
- Construction: Mortise/Tenon Neck Joint
- Body Size: Modified 0-14 Fret
- Top: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Rosette: Multiple Black/White Boltaron with Red Fiber
- Top Bracing Pattern: Modified X Series "x"
- Top Braces: Crowned Cross Brace
- Back Material: Mahogany Pattern Hpl Textured Finish
- Side Material: Mahogany Pattern Hpl Textured Finish
- Neck Material: Rust Birch Laminate
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval
- Nut Material: White Corian
- Headstock: Solid/Lx Taper
- Headplate: Mahogany Pattern Hpl
- Fingerboard Material: Richlite
- Scale Length: 23"
- Bridge Material: Richlite
- Saddle: 16" Radius/Compensated/White Tusq
- Tuning Machines: Chrome W/ Small Buttons
- Bridge & End Pins: White W/ Black Dots
- Case: Padded Gig Bag
- Electronics: Fishman Sonitone