Wampler is highly-regarded for its diverse range of overdrive and distortion pedals, but its recent releases suggest that it's branching out. The mighty Terraform is among those, and it represents Wampler's first proper foray into the world of modulation - and they've really hit the ground running!
Boasting 11 studio-quality modulation effects, from angelic chorus to flanger, phaser tremolo and more; the Wampler Terraform is a powerful multi FX pedal that covers many of the bases, ultimately saving space on your pedalboard. Sporting various controls that allow you to sculpt the perfect tones, the Terraform also offers true stereo operation to ensure that you can achieve an engulfing, super-wide sound with a dual-amp setup.
Other noteworthy features include 8 preset slots for saving and recalling your favourite sounds, as well as MIDI connectivity and an external expression pedal input for changing parameters on-the-fly. There's also a dedicated tap-tempo footswitch that allows you to adjust the rate of any effect to match the tempo of the music you're playing to.
Here's what Wampler says about the Terraform:
Eleven Onboard Effects
As soon as you turn the Terraform on you'll experience 11 custom-designed effects with the width, depth, and elegant organic beauty you usually only find in standalone analog pedals, from the highest quality lush analog-sounding Chorus, the pulse of the vintage U Vibe, the swirl of the large Rotary cabinet, to the almost airplane swoop of the Flanger. You will find that all eleven effects are filled with the tonal quality that is synonymous with the Wampler name:
- Envelope Filter
- U Vibe
- Auto Swell
- Harmonic Tremolo
The “Easiest Tweak”
Ever thought about obtaining all the control and power of today’s powerhouse effects within a simple and amazingly easy-to-use stompbox? That no longer has to be a dream - the Terraform’s familiar, simple yet intuitive layout makes achieving those sounds extremely easy. The great tones you are chasing are instantly there and discovering what they’re capable of is fun and inspiring:
- Control vital effects parameters with 5 simple-to-use knobs
- Real-time control over any of those 5 parameters via an expression pedal
- 8 preset locations to store your favourite sounds
- Onboard tap tempo to perfectly sync the effect to the song
Powerful Routing Capabilities
As if having all these incredible tones at your fingertips wasn’t enough, Wampler has also included multiple signal routing options to make sure your modulations are hitting the right part of your signal chain. When set in pre/post mode, you can have the auto-wah in front of your amp, or the chorus in the FX loop for example.
The U Vibe sits perfectly before your dirt pedals to add extra depth, while your tremolo can be post-dirt for amp-like throb. The great thing about the Terraform is that you can place each effect in the chain right where it belongs:
- True Stereo gives you massive sonic width across your playing platform
- Mono with intelligent routing allows your choice of effect to be placed ‘pre-gain’ and others ‘post gain’
- Control the Terraform as part of your larger rig with fully saveable presets and Tap Tempo information controlled via MIDI (up to 128 incoming presets, fully mappable down to the 8 preset locations)
Brian Wampler’s famous quest for perfection, coupled with his determination to make the industry’s most player-friendly products with that golden Wampler tone, has reached new heights with the Terraform. Eleven of the best sounding effects blocks imaginable, easy to use whether you like ‘plug and play’ or slotting it in your MIDI-compatible rig, the Terraform will take your tone onto a new and unrivalled plain.
- Studio quality A/D - D/A conversion
- 20Hz to 20kHz frequency response
- Includes Wampler’s limited 5-year warranty
- Pedalboard-friendly small footprint
- 11 Studio-quality modulation effects designed and realized in-house at Wampler, inspired by the classics, both vintage and modern
- Easy to use interface makes designing your sounds instant, there are no submenus to navigate
- Any parameter controllable via an outboard expression pedal
- 8 preset locations to save your favourite patches
- MIDI-mappable from 128 incoming midi patch commands to those 8 presets
- True Stereo or mono with intelligent routing allows you to place any effect before or after the gain stages, whether that be either side of your gain pedals, or in front and in the loop of your favorite amp
- 48 kHz Sampling rate with 24-bit audio, 56-bit processing
- Power draw - 9v DC center pin negative, external supply only: 106.5mA at 9v, 107.7mA at 18v
- Dimensions: 4.5" x 3.75" x 2.25"
- Weight: 2 pounds
- Designed and built in the USA