sE Electronics have developed the DM1 Dynamite – an inline preamp, designed to offer you +28dB of consistent gain for your passive/dynamic ribbon mics. It easily fits between your microphone and the pre, making it simple to use from the outset. You’ll get a brilliant, balanced sound quality in return.
Podcasting, Live Sound & Recording?
The DM1 is a brilliant solution for increasing the signal produced from a passive microphone. If you’re doing live sound, recording in a studio, or podcasting, you will definitely benefit from using this simple, but effective bit of gear. It not only boosts the signal, but also works to reduce interference (while improving the level to your preamp). It achieves this without creating unnecessary noise. Output impedance is also incredibly low here. This helps to massively reduce the chance of buzz or RF interference.
- Gold-Plated XLR Connector (Loss Free, Reliable Signal Connection)
- All-Metal Housing, Extremely Rugged Build – Prevents Electrical Interference
- Dedicated Output Buffer Amplifier
- Class-A Electronics
- High-Grade FETs
- Low Output Impedance
- +28dB of Gain, Independent of Load
- Suitable for Your Dynamic/Passive Ribbon Mics (Ideal for Live Sound, Traditional Recording & Podcasting
- Frequency Range: 10 Hz - 120,000 Hz (-0.3 dB)
- Gain: 28 dB (load 1kOhms)
- Max Output Level (0.5% THD): 8.3 dBV (2.6 V)
- Output Noise Level: 9 μV (JIS-A)
- Powering: 48 Volts according toIEC 61938
- Electrical Impedance: 135 Ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance: >1k Ohms
- Current Consumption: 3.0 mA
- Connectivity: 3-pin male/female XLR connector
- Dimensions: Diameter: 19 mm (0.75 in.) Length: 95.5 mm (3.76 in.)
- Weight: 80 g