Here's What Zoom say About the F2-BT Field Recorder & Lav Mic:
BUILT FOR BIG THINGS
For podcasters, videographers, bloggers, journalists and more, the F2 is the perfect audio solution for creators on the move.
DON’T BE FOOLED BY ITS SIZE
The F2 is incredibly small, but its audio quality will amaze you.
AUDIO ON AUTOPILOT
The F2 features 32-bit float recording technology, allowing you to record the loudest audio signals without worrying about clipping. It will also record the quietest signals in beautiful detail. And the best part is you don’t have to worry about setting the gain. Just plug in the lav and hit record.
Once you start your recording, use the F2’s HOLD switch to ensure you don’t accidentally stop recording.
LOCK ‘N LAV
Screw-lock connectors keep your lav plugged-in securely no matter the situation.
Perfect Your Lines
With the F2 actors can record and playback their lines to perfect their delivery.
THE F2 EDITOR
The F2 Editor for PC and Mac allows you to adjust settings, format SD cards and more. Simply connect your F2 or F2-BT via a USB cable and launch the editor. The USB connection also makes it easy to transfer files to your computer.
Narration and Voice Over
Whether a stroll through your garden, or the whispers and shouts of a dramatic reading, the F2 provides crystal clear recordings.
FREE EDITING SOFTWARE
The Zoom F2 comes with a free download license for Steinberg’s WaveLab Cast software. WaveLab Cast helps you finalise your project with a wide range of comprehensive editing, mixing, and refinement tools.
The F2-BT comes with built-in Bluetooth. And with the free Zoom F2 Control app the F2-BT can wirelessly start/stop recordings, display battery levels, adjust output volume, control lo-cut and more.
You can also pair the F2-BT with a Bluetooth timecode synchronisation device to receive and write timecode to recorded files.
- Light and compact audio recorder
- 32-Bit Float recording for full dynamic range and clip free recording
- No gain adjustment necessary
- Records 44.1kHz/32-bit float or 48kHz/32-bit float audio files
- Rec Hold function to avoid accidental operation of buttons
- Stereo ⅛" Mic/Line In mini phone jack with Plug-in power (2.5V)
- Stereo ⅛" Phone/Line Output jack with dedicated volume control
- 80 Hz low cut filter
- High precision internal clock (±0.5ppm) to avoid audio and video syncing issues
- Records directly to micro SD and SDHC cards up to 512 GB
- USB-C for connection to F2 Editor for settings
- Runs on only 2 standard AAA alkaline, Lithium, or NiMH rechargeable batteries, or AC adapter (AD-17)
- Up to 15 hours of operation with two AAA alkaline batteries
- Wireless timecode synchronisation
- Built-in Bluetooth for connection to the F2 Control app for settings adjustment and remote transport control
- Up to 14 hours of operation with two AAA alkaline batteries
In the Box
- F2-BT Field Recorder
- LMF-2 Lavalier Microphone
- 3 - WSL-1 Windscreen
- MCL-1 Mic Clip
- 2 - AAA Batteries
- WaveLab Cast Software
- F2-BT Operation Manual
- Connector: 3.5 mm stereo mini (with screw lock) Supports plug-in power (2.5 V)
- Input Gain: None (dual AD conversion system)
- Input Impedance: 2 kΩ or more
- Max Input Level: −5.5 dBu
- Connector: 3.5 mm stereo mini (with screw lock)
- Max Output Level: 20 mW + 20 mW (into 32Ω load)
- Cards compatible with MicroSD, MicroSDHC, MicroSDXC Spec (Class 4 or Higher, 512 GB max
- WAV: 44.1kHz/32-bit float, 48kHz/32-bit float Mono, BWF format supported
- USB Type-C
- Mass Storage Operation: USB 2.0 High Speed
- PC App Operation: USB 2.0 High Speed
- 2 AAA batteries or AC adapter
- Bluetooth: Ver 4.2
- Continuous Recording Time: About 15 Hours (with alkaline batteries)
- Connector: 3.5 mm stereo mini
- Directionality: Omnidirectional
- Sensitivity; –32 dB/Pa at 1 kHz
- Max Sound Pressure Input: 115 dB SPL
- Cable Length: 160 cm