With Marshall Amplification only bringing the best to the table, offering top-grade equipment that has stood the tests of time for decades, we can safely say that the Vintage Reissue 1987X 50W valve head only adds to the wealth of the Marshall collection.
This is one gloriously articulate EL34-driven head that oozes vintage class and sound, showcasing all the iconic tone and cosmetics that make Marshall the worldly-appreciated amp manufacturer it is!
Tribute To A Classic
Offering guitarists all over the world absolutely gorgeous old-school, overdriven tone, the Marshall Vintage Reissue 1987X 50W head delivers every time.
Sharing the same "Plexi" front and rear panel features as the 1959SLP, do not be fooled that it's a perfect replica of it. Showcasing a wealth of its own unique characteristics, you'll be spoilt by its voicing and playability. Delivering a more aggressive sound than the ’60s Plexis, the 1987X is much more of the ’72 period, with a heady and sweet tone.
Series Effects Loop
Although the original formula remains mostly intact, Marshall thoughtfully added a series effects loop to the Vintage Reissue 1987X. So if you're a stompbox fanatic, this amp can serve as an excellent pedal platform - just connect your favourite modulation and time-based pedals through the loop for seamless sonic bliss!
- Model: 1987X
- Range: Vintage Reissue
- Technology: Valve
- Channels: 2 (Split), non-master volume
- Output Wattage: 50W
- Outputs: 2 x 1/4" jack speaker outputs, selectable 16Ω/ 8Ω / 4Ω load
- Inputs: 4 (2 x high, 2 x low) "Lead and Bass"
- Controls: Presence, bass, middle, treble, high treble/loudness I, normal/loudness II
- Effects: None
- Effects Loop: Yes, Send/Return
- Preamp Valves: 2 x ECC83, 1 x ECC83 (phase splitter)
- Power Amp Valves: 2 x EL34
- Footswitch: None
- Cable: Detachable power cable included, speaker cable included
- Weight: 15.3 kg / 34 lbs
- Width: 660 mm / 26"
- Height: 260 mm / 10.2"
- Depth: 205 mm / 8.1"