The Marshall SV20H Studio Vintage is a mini head version of one of the most popular guitar amps in history, and arguably the one that put Marshall on the map - the 1959SLP "Plexi"!
Now available in a portable 'Studio Vintage' format, the all-valve SV20H pays homage to the legendary Plexi formula with its single-channel design, four High/Low sensitivity inputs and classic styling.
Authentic Plexi Tones
Since the '60s, Marshall's Plexi amplifiers have been used some of the world's most renowned guitar heroes, including Jimi Hendrix, Eddie Van Halen, Jimmy Page and John Frusciante.
There's a reason why so many famous guitarists love the crunchy sound of an EL34-driven Plexi, and when you plug into one and crank it - you'll hear why! They're clear and crisp with plenty of punchy mid-range, meaning that you can effortlessly cut through any band mix with oodles of sustain. Your fiery riffs and solos will be singing for days!
One of the Studio Vintage's coolest features is its power reduction switch. Letting you power down from the full 20W to 5W, the lower wattage allows you to drive the tubes harder at quieter volumes so that you can still attain those gnarly, saturated cranked valve amp sounds at bedroom levels!
DI Output & Effects Loop
The Marshall SV20H Studio Vintage is equipped with a DI output, which allows you to plug the amp directly into your recording interface and capture its tones with an emulated mic'd up cab sound. This is what makes the SV20H so versatile and studio-friendly - hence the name!
If you're a stompbox fanatic, the SV20H can serve as an excellent pedal platform with its dedicated effects loop. Just plug your favourite modulation and time-based pedals in via the loop and enjoy seamless sonic bliss!
- Model: SV20H
- Range: Studio
- Technology: Valve
- Channels: 1
- Output Wattage: 20W (with power reduction option to 5W)
- Outputs: 5 x 1/4” jack sockets, selectable 16Ω / 8Ω / 4Ω load
- Inputs: 4 (2 x high, 2 x low) "Lead and Bass"
- Controls: Low/High power mode selection switch, presence, bass, middle, treble, high treble/loudness I, normal/loudness II
- Effects: None
- Effects Loop: Yes, series, send/return
- Preamp Valves: 2 x ECC83, 1 x ECC83 (phase splitter)
- Power Amp Valves: 2 x EL34
- Cable: Detachable power cable included, speaker cable included
- Weight: 9.25kg / 20.4 lbs
- Width: 500mm / 19.7"
- Height: 240mm / 9.4"
- Depth: 230mm / 9.1"