The Marshall SC20C Studio Classic is a mini combo version of one of the most popular valve amps in history - the iconic JCM800 2203!
Now available in a portable 'Studio Classic' format, the all-valve SC20C combo stays true to the legendary JCM800 formula with its single-channel design and High/Low sensitivity inputs.
Authentic JCM800 Tones
Marshall's original JCM800 was used by countless rockstars throughout the '80s and '90s, including Billy Corgan, Jeff Beck and Tom Morello; spanning many different genres and proving just how versatile the amp circuit is.
The SC20C Studio Classic delivers the full spectrum of JCM800 2203 tone, from rich and full cleans to heavier driven aggressive sounds - all in a compact enclosure. Driven by a pair of EL34 power tubes for that unmistakable British sound, the SC20C also closely adheres to the JCM800's simple control layout with a master volume, 4-band EQ and preamp volume knob.
One of the Studio Classic's coolest features is its power reduction switch. Letting you power down from the full 20W to 5W, the lower wattage allows you to drive the tubes harder at quieter volumes so that you can still attain those gnarly, saturated cranked valve amp sounds at bedroom levels!
DI Output & Effects Loop
The Marshall SC20C Studio Classic is equipped with a DI output, which allows you to plug the amp directly into your recording interface and capture its tones with an emulated mic'd up cab sound. This is what makes the SC20C so versatile and studio-friendly - hence the name!
If you're a stompbox fanatic, the SC20C can serve as an excellent pedal platform with its dedicated effects loop. Just plug your favourite modulation and time-based pedals in via the loop and enjoy seamless sonic bliss!
- Model: SC20C
- Range: Studio
- Technology: Valve
- Channels: 1
- Output Wattage: 20W (with power reduction option to 5W)
- Outputs: 5 x 1/4” jack sockets, selectable 16Ω / 8Ω / 4Ω load
- Inputs: 2 x 1/4" jack instrument inputs (high/low sensitivity)
- Controls: Presence, bass, middle, treble, master volume, preamp volume
- Effects: None
- Effects Loop: Yes, series, send/return
- Speaker Configuration: 1x10"
- Speaker Model: Celestion V-type 10” (16Ω, 50W)
- Unit Impedance: 16Ω
- Preamp Valves: 2 x ECC83, 1 x ECC83 (phase splitter)
- Power Amp Valves: 2 x EL34
- Cable: Detachable power cable included
- Weight: 14.55 kg / 32 lbs
- Width: 510mm / 20.1"
- Height: 460mm / 18.1"
- Depth: 255mm / 10"