Here's what Waldorf say about the DVCA1:
Built around two VCAs with a wide range of options including the most important one: the ability to musically colour the signal. Starting in dry mode, you get high-precision analogue amplification.
But then when you turn the Colour knob, you add a warmer and more colourful timbre to the signal based on a finely-crafted state variable filtering circuit. But there’s more: Simultaneous linear and exponential control as well as specialised AC and DC coupled inputs are provided.
A positive gain control makes the dvca1 a true “amplifier,” and flexible link modes let you create modulated panning.
- Two true analogue high-end VCAs
- Optional colour control based on state variable filter technology
- CV-input for colour modulation
- Simultaneous linear and exponential control and CV inputs
- Additional gain control for adding up to +12dB
- Separate AC and DC coupled inputs for audio rsp. control signals
- Separate summing output combining both signals
- Link mode for parallel modulation of two signals
- Anti-parallel link option for panning effects