The Electro Harmonix Super Pulsar Stereo Tap Tremolo is perhaps the most versatile tremolo pedal available today. This pedal delivers every kind of tremolo effect you could ever need from the subtle to the insane in a way that is intuitive and easy to work around.
You can control pretty much anything you could ever need to control with a tremolo thanks to this pedal. You have 8 knobs at the top of the tremolo that control volume, phase, wave, shape, depth and rate as well as envelope depth and envelope rate that reacts to how hard you are picking. No other tremolo offers you this much control on your pedalboard. Everything from a vintage classic tremolo to weird and wonderful unheard effects are at your fingertips with this pedal. Did we mention that you can also store 8 different presets so you don't need to reprogram the entire thing between every track.
It doesn't quite end there though not by a long shot. You can also plug in an expression pedal that can control either rate, depth, shape, phase or volume your choice. This opens up a whole world of morphing tremolo sounds that move with the expression pedal adding some real life to your performance. Last but by no means least you can also program a rhythm for the tremolo to follow that can be up to 16 steps long. You can save up to 9 of these presets at any given time so enough for an entire gig easily.
Range Of Sounds
As standard you have triangle, pulse and sine waved as standard but the added rhythm function means you can set up any 16 step sequence you could ever need. Plus with the tap divide section you have 5 different settings for thins like triplets. These waves can them be morphed with the shape tool which will take you through every kind of tremolo shape you would expect on the built in waves but again the rhythm control gives you much more power over your sound.
One other very cool switch is the xRate mode which takes it in to super speed and creates a ring modulation like effect. With this turned on and an expression pedal connected to the rate control you can get some really awesome dynamic ring modulation effects that you can control on the fly. You can even reverse the envelope on a lot of these effects which opens up even more opportunities for incredible sounds.
- Analog Tremolo with Stereo in/out, mono in/stereo out, stereo in/mono out and mono in/mono out.
- Adjustable modulation waveforms include sine wave, triangle and pulse waves, plus 9 rhythmic patterns that may be changed by the user and saved.
- Modulation rate set by RATE knob, TAP TEMPO FSW, external Tap FSW or external clock.
- The waveform phase for the right channel may be adjusted from 0 degrees to 360 degrees in relation to the left channel.
- Modulation Rate and Depth can interact with your playing by adding envelope follower modulation to each parameter.
- Expression pedal or CV control over Rate, Depth, Shape, Phase or Volume.
- Volume Boost of up to 12dB when DEPTH control is set to minimum position.
- Save and recall up to 8 presets.
- MODE FSW allows user to scroll through TAP DIVIDE modes, EXP MODES or 8 Presets.
- True Bypass using mechanical relays.
- 9VDC AC Adaptor Included.