Here's what MXR says about the Clone Looper Pedal:
The MXR Clone Looper Pedal is highly engineered for incredible sound quality, comes packed with features in a pedalboard-friendly housing, and can be as simple or complex as your needs dictate. Everything you expect from an MXR pedal, in other words.
Whether you’re practicing at home, captivating audiences with improv compositions onstage, or weaving intricate sonic tapestries in the studio, the Clone Looper Pedal has you covered. Just plug in, power up, and start recording an unlimited number of layers—up to 6 minutes long—that will be stored even when the pedal is off.
A super convenient LED gives you a flashing 4 count to the beginning of the loop so you can keep your overdubs tight. Loops can be stopped and started in an instant, and your most recent layer can be undone just as fast. Run effects to your heart’s content—with storage sample rates up to 88.2kHz, so this little box will handle even high-gain distortion with ease.
To keep your pre-loop signal intact, the MXR team also included an analog through-path. On top of that, the Clone Looper Pedal can be set for either buffered bypass or true bypass switching to accommodate your tone and signal needs.
The Clone Looper Pedal also comes packed with options for sonic explorers, from changing up the speed of your loop—to double-speed (3 minutes of recording time) or half-speed (12 minutes)—to reversing it entirely.
Connecting an MXR Tap Tempo Switch to the CTR jack allows you to control all of these functions externally. The EXP jack provides further external control options when you connect a DVP volume pedal to adjust the loop’s output level or an MXR Tap Tempo Switch to engage Play Loop Once mode, which allows you to pull off smooth live performances and re-trigger your loop over and over again for DJ-style stutter effects.
- Unprecedented sound quality and feature set for a looper this compact
- Loop storage rates up to 88.2kHz handle even high-gain distortion with ease
- Record loops up to 6 minutes long with unlimited dubs
- Quickly undo your most recent dub
- Play/Stop switch allows you to start & stop your loop in an instant
- Retains loop even when powered off
- Convenient green LED flashes 4 count to the beginning of your loop
- Set your loop to double-speed, half-speed, or play it in reverse with onboard Volume control or external MXR Tap Tempo Switch connected to CTR jack
- EXP jack allows external control of output level with a DVP volume pedal or Play Loop Once mode with an MXR Tap Tempo Switch
- Play Loop Once mode allows you to pull off smooth live performances & re-trigger your loop for stuttering DJ effects
- Select buffered bypass or true bypass switching as your needs dictate
- Standard MXR housing for a pedalboard-friendly footprint
- REC/DUB footswitch controls loop recording and clear loop quickly functions
- VOLUME knob controls output level, loop speed, loop direction and clear loop quietly functions
- PLAY/STOP footswitch controls loop playback and undo/redo functions
- CTR jack allows tap switch to control loop speed, loop direction, and clear loop quietly functions
- EXP jack allows expression pedal to set output level or tap switch to engage Play Loop Once mode
- Input Impedance: 1MΩ
- Output Impedance: 100 Ω
- Maximum Intput Level: +5dBV
- Maximum Output Level: +5dBV
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Noise Floor: -97 dBV
- Sampling Rate: 44.1 kHz
- Current Draw: 225 mA
- Power Supply: 9 volts DC