Book a video appointment
Buying a premium guitar at the moment is a tricky experience. However, fear not! Our new Guitar Gallery specialists (Paul, and Paul), are on-hand to help talk you through your purchase, make recommendations and give you the confidence to make the right decision.
With over 30 combined years of boutique and rare guitar sales between them, the Pauls really know their stuff and can help you choose, or track down that special piece you’re looking for.
Click here to book your video appointment now.
1960 was the last year of production for the original Les Paul Standard. Nearly identical to a 1959 model except for a few specs, the '60 Les Paul Standard most notably featured a fast-playing 'SlimTaper' neck profile — beloved by the many famous musicians who played '60 "Bursts", including Eric Clapton, Joe Walsh and Paul McCartney. It also has "reflector" volume & tone knobs and wider "double-ring" tuner tips.
The Custom Shop 1960 Les Paul Standard Reissue is a detailed clone of the originals, from its hide-glue construction to its chemically re-engineered plastic parts. Each one is built with extreme care, reverence and attention-to-detail by expert Custom Shop craftspeople who are committed to providing an authentic vintage ownership experience.
The Murphy Lab 'Ultra Light Aged' finish treatment, paired with lightly aged hardware, simulates decades of subtle playing wear — giving it the unique character, vibe and feel of an original example from Gibson's "Golden Era".
- Shape: Les Paul
- Top: 2-Piece Figured Maple, Hide Glue Fit
- Back: 1-Piece Solid Lightweight Mahogany
- Binding: 1-Ply Royalite
- Weight Relief: None
- Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer, Murphy Lab Ultra Light Aged
- Material: Solid Mahogany
- Profile: 1960 SlimTaper
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material: Indian Rosewood, Hide Glue Fit
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Number of Frets: 22
- Frets: Historic Medium-Jumbo
- Nut Material: Nylon
- Nut Width: 1.687"
- Inlays: Aged Cellulose Nitrate Trapezoid
- Joint: Long Tenon, Hide Glue Fit
- Bridge: No-Wire ABR-1
- Tailpiece: Lightweight Aluminum Stop Bar
- Knobs: Amber Butyrate Top Hats with Silver Inserts
- Tuners: Kluson Single Line, Double Ring
- Plating: Nickel, Murphy Lab Light Aged
- Neck Pickup: Custombucker Alnico 3 (Unpotted)
- Bridge Pickup: Custombucker Alnico 3 (Unpotted)
- Controls: 2 Volume, 2 Tone, CTS 500K Audio Taper Potentiometers, Paper-in-Oil Capacitors
- Pickup Selector: 3-Way Switchcraft
- Output Jack: 1/4" Switchcraft
- Strings: 10-46
- Case: Brown/Pink Lifton Reissue 5-Latch
- Accessories: Certificate of Authenticity, Mounted Custom Shop Switch Plate Medallion, Reissue Switch Backplate in Case