- Type: Ride
- Sound: Bright
- Series: 2002
- Size: 20"
- Skill Level: Intermediate to Advanced
- Weight: heavy
- Volume: medium to very loud
- Stick Sound: clean, pingy
- Intensity: controlled
- Sustain: fairly long
- Bell Character: fairly separated, strong
- Sound Character: Bright, full, clean, energetic, strong. Fairly narrow range, fairly clean mix. Heavy response, controllable feel. Big, clean, glassy ping over a dry, dark and bell-like wash. The classic power ride sound for mainly Rock and Metal applications.
Here's what the Andertons Drum Department say about Paiste 2002 Cymbals
The Paiste 2002 cymbal range is the company's longest-running series and is a staple name in rock setups. Iron Maiden and AC/DC are just a couple of names to support the caliber of their contribution to the Rock genre.
Renowned for being bright, clear and very precise, their musical application stems further than just Rock, they can also be used for Blues, Punk, Hard Rock, most Metal styles, Crossover, Country Rock, Ska, Rockabilly, Funk, R&B, Soul, Gospel and modern hybrids rooted in these styles. In summary, the Paiste 2002s are the set for drummers wanting a bright, concise and cutting cymbal sound.
Here's what Paiste say about 2002 Cymbals
The legendary cymbals that defined the sound of generations of drummers since the early days of Rock. The present 2002 is built on the foundation of the original classic cymbals and is expanded by modern sounds for today's progressive popular music.