Picture may show a different kit configuration to what is advertised. Please check description to see what is included in this kit.
The Van Kleef snare range contains some genuinly fantastic looking and sounding pieces. Hand made in Sheffield this is a great choice if you want a really top quality snare for your drum setup.
Solid Metal Build
The aluminium shell snare has the look and feel of a vintage drum. It's made from 2mm thick 1050 aluminium, which is the best choice for that aluminium snare sound. The Van Kleef aluminium shell has a unique sound that, combined with the resonant qualities of the aluminium shell range from dry, crisp tones at low tuning, to subtle, articulate tones at slightly higher tuning. The construction of these drums is another reason they sound so good.
- 1050 aluminium for that unique VK aluminium sound.
- A choice of straight or solid Sheffield stainless steel hoops, with the option of "Quick-release" in both styles, all made in-house.
- Solid Sheffield stainless steel single point lugs, turned on a lathe, then drilled, tapped and polished by hand.
- Stainless steel lugs are brush finished on the sides and mirror polished on the front faces.
- Sheffield staoinless steel tension rods have a threadless shaft with "VK Drums" laser etched along the shaft. All VK Drums come with standard tension rods, these VK rods come as an added extra.
- VK-007 Sheffield stainless steel strainer and butt, with the option to custom laser etch any design or logo on the front of the strainer and mini logo on butt plate.
- Sheffield stainless steel "VKey", silent ratchet drum key is designed to live inside the VK-007 strainer.
- A choice of standard "VK Drums" badge bolted to the shell, or a new air hole logo, laser cut into the shell.
- Puresound wires.
- Weight 4kg to 8kg depending on snare depth and hoop options.
- Setup with Remo Ambassador heads (other heads available upon request).
- Made by hand in Sheffield, England.