There are lots of sensibly priced solid-state and tube preamp out there, but the 710 is the only one where you get the best of both. This is the swiss army knife of preamps. It can handle mic, guitar, bass (both passive and active types) and pretty much anything you can plug in or mic.
So what's special about this pre amp? The circuit design has a solid-state trans impedance input amp simultaneously driving separate, phase-aligned tube and solid-state gain stages, which are then summed to a single output.
This means..... You can blend between 100% tube and 100% solid-state tones. This means you've got an infinite range of pre-amp tones and the ability to dial-in your own signature sound with ease. Whatever sound you want this can do.
Simple, smart design
The controls are simple and well designed and you'll quickly work out how to get the sound you want. The VU meter features a unique "Drive" mode allowing you to see how hard you are driving the input stage..... unfortunately it only goes up to 6... not 11.
The brushed metal finish and retro style finish looks good, the controls are well laid out and all the switches and knobs are clearly labelled. Universal Audio have even made it nice and portable. It fits in on your desk, its easy to transport and you can use it live or in the studio.
- Twin-Finity™ Tone-Blending Mic/Line Preamp & Hi-Z Instrument DI
- Dual-Path 310 volt Class-A Tube and Transimpedance Solid State Preamp
- Phase-Aligned "Tone-Blending" of Tube and Solid State sounds
- Dual Gain Stages: Wire with Gain to Creamy to Crunchy
- Discrete JFET DI with 2.2M ohm Ultra Hi-Z impedance
- Includes a 19" rack-kit for mounting one or two units.
- Microphone (Female XLR)
- Balanced Line (Female XLR)
- Unbalanced Instrument (1/4" jack) (D.I.)
- Balanced Line (Male XLR)
- 8.45W x 3.5H x 10.25D
- Weight: 5.25 lb