The Universal Audio Apollo x16 is a truly world class audio interface packed with the very best features in sound quality and processing.
UA have 60 years of audio knowledge and thousands of chart-topping record experience packed into their flagship rackmount X series. This 18x20 interface boasts completely new and future-proof A/D and D/A conversion and HEXA Core processing. The Apollo challenges to be the very best at any price for professional recording.
Compatible with Mac and PC.
Sample rate and bit depth
The Apollo x16 uses 24-bit/192 kHz A/D/A converters with newly designed analog circuitry to deliver optimum audio quality between 129 dB dynamic range and -118 dB. This has some of the lowest signal-to-noise ratio of any interface ever created.
You’ll have as close to zero latency possible in your signal path using Thunderbolt connectivity and real time processing. Guaranteed to cut out tracking lag and attain 50% more DSP performance when running multiple UAD plug-ins.
There’s plenty of versatility too with switchable +24 and +20 dBu headroom settings. This allows you to connect with varying pro-level studio gear when needed. You can also work in 7.1 surround sound using speaker calibration, to get the most authentic listening experience. Integrated talkback allows for built-in cues and easy communication.
If you need more I/O’s, combine with up to four more Thunderbolt-equipped Apollos. The x16 benefits from backwards compatibility with Thunderbolt 1 and 2.
Surround Monitoring and Dual-Crystal Clocking
With comprehensive 5.1 surround monitoring support, Apollo x16 is a boon for engineers and producers working on audio and music for video games, television, and the web. In addition, Apollo x16 offers selectable +24 dBu operation for out-of-the-box compatibility with professional mixing consoles and other high-end pro audio equipment.
The Apollo X series also introduces new Dual-Crystal clocking —featuring dedicated crystal oscillators for 44.1/88.2/176.4 kHz and 48/96/192 kHz sample rates —resulting in stunningly low jitter, measured at less than 10 picoseconds at all sample rates. This translates into pure, artifact-free recordings and solid stereo imaging you can trust.
Expect a huge 129 dB dynamic range headroom and a natural, crisp voicing. Included is the Realtime Analog Classics Plus Bundle plug-in for a huge array of tonal options. Featuring Marshall Plexi Ampeg, Pultec and Fairchild modelling EQ. You can get stuck in with plenty of effects too, such as expertly programmed compression, distortion, reverb and delay.
Your recordings will improve greatly with the rich, three-dimensional analog sound provided by the likes of Pulteq EQ for guitars and a Fairchild 670 tube compressor on drums.
The Apollo x16 is compatible with all major DAWs, such as Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase and Ableton.
- 16 x 18 (16 x 18 analog I/O) Thunderbolt 3 audio interface with class-leading 24-bit/192 KHz conversion
- HEXA Core Realtime UAD Processing for tracking through UAD plug-ins at near-zero latency, regardless of audio buffer size
- Surround monitor controller up to 7.1 format
- Includes “Realtime Analog Classics Plus” UAD plug-in bundle featuring UA 610-B Tube Preamp; Legacy Pultec EQ, LA-2A, and 1176 compressors; Marshall Plexi Classic; Ampeg SVT-VR Classic and more
- UAD-2 HEXA Core processing onboard for additional mixing horsepower for Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase, Ableton, and other major DAWs
- Combine up to 4 Thunderbolt-equipped Apollos and 6 total UAD devices; backward-compatible with Thunderbolt 1 and 2 via optional adapter
- Selectable +24 dBu operation for easy compatibility with professional mixing consoles and tape machines
- Convenient front panel monitoring functions including Alt Speakers, Talkback mic, and assignable Dim or Mono
- Uncompromising UA analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
Includes the UAD Powered Plug-Ins Bundle
- UA 610-B (Unison)
- 1176LN Legacy
- 1176SE Legacy
- Ampeg SVT-VR Classic (Unison)
- Fairchild 670 Legacy
- Marshall Plexi Classic (Unison)
- Precision Channel Strip
- Precision Reflection Engine
- Precision Enhancer Hz
- Precision Delay Mod
- Precision Delay Mod L
- Pultec EQP-1A Legacy
- Pultec-Pro Legacy
- Teletronix LA-2A Legacy
- Raw Distortion (Unison)
- RealVerb Pro