- 1 x Universal Audio Apollo Twin MkII Duo Thunderbolt Audio Interface
- 1 x Warm Audio WA-87 Vintage Condenser Microphone
- 1 x Audio-Technica ATH-M40X Pro Studio Monitor Headphones
- 1 x Tourtech Heavy Duty Microphone Boom Stand in Black
- 1 x Tourtech TTMC-6 20ft / 6m XLR Microphone Cable
Start recording with this handy Apollo Twin Duo bundle!
About the Universal Audio Apollo Twin MkII Duo Thunderbolt Audio Interface
Apollo Twin MkII is a ground-up redesign of one of the most popular audio interfaces we sell — delivering enhanced audio conversion with the tone, feel, and flow of analog recording. This 2x6 Thunderbolt audio interface for Mac and Windows features up to Quad Core processing, Unison™ technology, and the next-generation A/D and D/A conversion you’ve heard on hundreds of hit records.
Next-Generation Apollo A/D and D/A Conversion
Apollo Twin MkII improves upon the original Apollo Twin’s gold-standard audio quality with completely redesigned A/D and D/A conversion; giving you increased dynamic range and ultra-low THD. This next-generation conversion results in breathtaking clarity, depth, and accuracy in recordings; heard on hit records by Kendrick Lamar, Coldplay, Brad Paisley, and more.
Unison Mic Preamp Emulation Technology
A Universal Audio breakthrough, Apollo Twin MkII’s Unison technology gives you the genuine tone of the world’s most sought-after tube and transformer-based mic preamps; including Neve,® API,® Manley,® and UA, complete with their signature impedance, gain stage “sweet spots,” and component-level circuit behaviors.
Based on Apollo Twin MkII’s unrivaled hardware-software integration, Unison lets you record at near-zero latency through preamp emulations like the included UA 610-B Tube Preamp, for authentic analog sound unmatched by other interfaces. Unison technology is also found on Apollo Twin MkII’s front panel Hi-Z instrument input, providing dead-on impedance and gain matching for exclusive guitar and bass amp models from Fender, Marshall, Ampeg, and more.
Realtime UAD-2 Processing
Building upon the Apollo tradition, Apollo Twin MkII opens up a range of classic analog tones and color via its Realtime UAD Processing. Available with a choice of UAD-2 QUAD, DUO, or SOLO Core processing onboard, Apollo Twin lets you record through the full range of UAD Powered Plug-Ins at near-zero latency; including genuine analog emulations from Neve, Studer, Ampex, API, Lexicon, Manley, Fender, and more.
Right out of the box, the Apollo Twin MkII includes the “Realtime Analog Classics” suite of UAD plug-ins; the UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, Raw Distortion, Softube Amp Rooms, legacy LA-2A and 1176LN compressors, Pultec EQs, and more. So you'll have a sweet package full of bonafide audio classics already onboard for you to use right from your first session.
Unlike competing interfaces, the Apollo Twin MkII powers UAD plug-ins inside all major DAWs for mixing and mastering (VST, RTAS, AU, AAX 64 format), greatly offloading the processing required from your host Mac or PC.
Built to Record: Improved Monitoring and Workflow
Apollo Twin MkII offers greatly improved monitor functionality versus the original Apollo Twin; with Mute, DIM, Mono, and ALT speaker switching. It also includes monitor remote controls and a built-in talkback mic for easy communication with talent and/or recording slate cues. These features, combined with Apollo Twin MkII’s scalability, make it the new standard for professional desktop recording.
Here's What Warm Audio Say About the WA-87 Condenser Microphone
The classic ‘87 is arguably the most widely-used large diaphragm condenser microphone in pop recording history. Rather than base our WA-87 circuit on current incarnations of this mic, we decided to closely follow the early circuit designs that date back nearly half a century. As is true with many classic microphones, engineers who have worked with different versions of these microphones often prefer the warmer, more forgiving nature of the earlier commercially available models. The desire to re-introduce the warm tone of this classic mic at an affordable price to an all new generation of recording artists was the inspiration behind the WA-87.
Quality components make a better mic
The WA-87 features all discrete, premium components such as Fairchild FETs, tantalum, polystyrene, and WIMA film capacitors, and is rounded off with a Cinemag USA output transformer. The WA-87 proudly uses our own Lens Kondensator custom reproduction of the classic K-87 dual backplate/dual diaphragm capsule, as found in early ‘87
- Based on the classic “87-style” circuit.
- Microphone includes shock mount, hard mount and wood box.
- Polar Patterns: Cardioid, figure of eight, and omnidirectional.
- Capsule: Lens Kondensator LK-87-B-50V reproduction of classic dual backplate (four wire termination) K87 capsule.
- Diaphragm: 6 micron thickness, 1 inch diameter, gold sputtered membrane, NOS Japanese mylar (PET film).
- Output Transformer: CineMag USA.
- Frequency Response: 20hz - 20khz.
- SPL: .5% THD @ 125db (without pad),132db (with pad).
- Pad: -10db.
- Output: 150 ohms, 24k gold plated, 3 pin XLR (pin 1 = gnd, pin 2 = +, pin 3 = -), transformer coupled via Cinemag USA output transformer.
- High Pass Filter: 80hz.
- Noise: -117db.
- Color: nickel (painted).
Here's What Audio-Technica Say About the ATH-M40x Professional Monitor Headphones
The high-performance ATH-M40x professional headphones are tuned flat for incredibly accurate audio monitoring across an extended frequency range. Your studio experience is enhanced with superior sound isolation and swivelling earcups for convenient one-ear monitoring. Engineered with pro-grade materials and robust construction, the M40x excels in professional studio tracking and mixing, as well as DJ monitoring.
- Cutting-edge engineering and robust construction
- 40 mm drivers with rare earth magnets and copper-clad aluminium wire voice coils
- Tuned flat for incredibly accurate sound monitoring across the entire frequency range
- Circumaural design contours around the ears for excellent sound isolation in loud environments
- 90° swivelling earcups for easy, one-ear monitoring
- Professional-grade earpad and headband material delivers more durability and comfort
- Detachable cable (2 cables included)