For some years now, TC Electronic has focused on bringing great quality heads and cabs to the bass amplification market. Their Rebel Head (RH) bass amps have been a success by offering tons of great features in a compact format with plenty of power.
With 750w of ball-busting bass power, the RH750 is no toy! It features TC's ingenious tone-shaping tools which allow you to craft your bass sound with unfathomable precision. With more power than ever before, a separate SpectraComp control and three programmable tonal presets accessible at the touch of a button — the RH750 is a serious choice for bassists playing big venues or for those who simply need a versatile and dependable amp for gigging.
- Compact 750-watt portable bass head amplifier for stage and studio use.
- 4-band semi-parametric equalizer section for unprecedented control over your tone.
- TubeTone emulation of both preamp and power amplifier tube stages give you everything from subtle drive to full-on distortion!
- SpectraComp control provides ultra-transparent and highly musical multi-band compression to cut through any mix.
- Super-accurate integrated chromatic tuner lets you tune up in seconds.
- Three presets for instant recall of your favorite settings for different basses.
- Studio-quality headphone amplifier with speaker emulation for personal practice and silent rehearsals.
- Auxiliary rehearsal input for playback through headphones.
- Send/return loop for integration of effect pedals.
- Auto-ranging universal switch-mode power supply for use worldwide.
- Galvanic isolated balanced DI with pre/post switch for direct connection to mixing consoles or recording equipment.
- Designed and engineered in Denmark.
Flexible Tone Controls
RH750 features a set of straightforward controls, voiced to give you plenty of tweaking options to nail the perfect tone. Chances are that this is all you'll ever need. However, if you're not fully satisfied with the default frequency areas, fear not — every tone control is also capable of becoming semi-parametric bands. This way, you can pin-point any frequency you want to remove or boost for each tone control and then store the settings!
3 Onboard Presets
The TC Electronic RH750 gives you 3 user memories, for effortless switching between 4 and 5-string basses — or Rickenbackers and Fenders for that matter! Alternatively, you can create 3 entirely different tones for one bass — e.g. overdrive, hi-fi slap and vintage. Just plug in your bass and use the "car radio"-style 'Store' & 'Recall' controls to easily switch between you personal presets.
TubeTone was originally developed for the RH450 bass amp, and it now features in the top-of-the-line RH750. Most transistor designs try to replicate tube sound using one small preamp tube, but why not take the crucial characteristics of a full preamp and power amp into account? Both are essential to the sound when you want that classic tube warmth as well as when you go for a full-on overdriven rock sound with a massive punch! TubeTone gives you exactly that.
SpectraComp Multi-Band Compressor
A conventional compressor is often dominated by the lower string, but with SpectraComp you get 'per string' multi-band compression that evens out the effect across all strings. In short, you get an even and rock-solid tone that cuts through any mix whether you play finger-style, slap or with a heavy pick.
The tweeter control is usually located on the rear side of a bass cabinet, but on the RH750, you can simply adjust the tweeter level right from the front panel! Furthermore, the sound also gets modified slightly with filters for much more intelligent control over the high frequencies that are critical for giving your sound that razor-sharp edge.
Built-In Bass Tuner
Every bass player needs a tuner, but virtually no other amp offers anything else than a 'tuner out' function. TC have thoughtfully added a built-in tuner to their RH750 to eliminate the need for a pedal or clip-on tuner! Simply push the 'Mute' button to get a full-resolution tuner "light ring" to help you tune your instrument quickly and accurately.
Both speaker and DI outputs are muted automatically while tuning. Finally, even when you haven't pushed the 'Mute' button, the tuner is still active — only without the light ring feature.
Balanced, Studio-Grade Line Driver Output
Quality can vary wildly with built-in DIs, but the RH750's is transformer-balanced and galvanic-isolated from the rest of the amp — meaning that you get absolutely no ground loops or annoying humming. And don't worry about long cable runs — RH750 will draw at least 100m of cable with zero loss of audio quality. Even though the integrated DI in RH750 does not need 48v phantom to operate, it does not get harmed if your sound engineer should happen to leave it on by accident.
AES/EBU Digital Recording Out
The AES/EBU connector lets you record straight into your DAW, such as Pro Tools or Logic. For maximum flexibility, it's also S/PDIF-compatible and can be switched between 'Pre' and 'Post' in the preamp section.
- Input Connector: 1/4" Jack
- Input Impedance: 1 MOhm / 100 pF
- Gain Range: -96 to 32 dB
- Impedance: 40 to 600 Ohm
- Mains Supply: Universal 100-240V~ 50/60 Hz (100 W @ 1/8 Power)
- Speaker Out: Combined Speakon / 1/4" Jack
- Power Module Rating: 750W
- Balanced Output: Transformer Balanced XLR, Pre/Post Preamp
- Dimensions: 275 x 290 x 66 mm
- Weight: 4kg / 8.8 pounds