A peculiar instrument, but not one to turn your nose up at. The Bass VI was the secret weapon for sixties and seventies producers and experimental bassists.
This Squier Classic Vibe series bass (yes, bass not baritone) combines old school aesthetics with modern hardware and custom electronics for the optimal playing experience, as you follow your instrumental journey.
Body and Neck
A four-screw bolt-on neck connects the Poplar body and Maple neck – a relatively lightweight yet sturdy combination.
You’ll feel right at home on the tapered C-shaped neck profile with an easily playable 9.5” radius fingerboard.
The Fender-designed alnico single coil pickups deliver supreme clarity and cut for a bass. If you want to be heard in a mix, this is the bassists’ instrument of choice.
It’s tuned one octave below a regular guitar, as normal. But quite clearly it has six strings!
You can play along with complete freedom, be it keeping the rhythm or performing lead lines which sound great through the middle and neck pickups.
The Bass VI utilises a classic floating bridge system for strong bends or subtle tremolo effects. You can get truly creative with your playing.
It also features 1960s inspired headstock markings, nickel-plated hardware and a tint gloss neck finish to get you in the experimental seventies’ mood.
- Material: Poplar
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck: Maple, “C” Shape
- Neck Finish: Vintage Tint Gloss
- Fingerboard: Indian Laurel, 9.5” (241 mm)
- Frets: 21, Narrow-Tall
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Block
- Nut (Material/Width): Bone, 1.685” (42.8 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Scale Length: 30” (762 mm)
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style with Non-Locking Floating Vibrato
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Tortoiseshell
- Pickups: Fender Designed Alnico Single-Coil Pickups
- Special Electronics: 2-Position Slide Switch for Bass-Cut “Strangle”
- Control Knobs: Black Plastic
- Hardware Finish: Nickel