Shure Beta 87C Debuts New Design
The Beta 87 microphone has consistently been a top choice of performers and audio technicians around the world due to its superb accuracy and detail, and rich vocal production. This long-standing favorite now features a new design and has been renamed the Beta 87C.
In response to user requests, Shure has redesigned this microphone by just slightly thickening the handle for a more comfortable feel when hand-held.
In addition, the Beta 87C now includes the A25D break-resistant swivel adapter. The Shure Model Beta 87C is a premium quality supercardioid hand-held electret condenser vocal microphone with exceptionally smooth frequency response and high sound pressure level (SPL) capability. Used for professional sound reinforcement, broadcasting, and studio recording applications, the Beta 87C combines superb performance with the ruggedness needed for touring and field production.
The Beta 87C features a controlled low-frequency roll-off that compensates for proximity effect and prevents the boomy sound often associated with close pick-up. The characteristic Shure presence rise brightens the upper midrange. The tight supercardioid pattern, with null points at approximately 125 degrees, provides maximum isolation from other vocalists or instruments while offering minimal off-axis coloration.
- The Beta 87C operates on phantom power.
- Smooth, tailored frequency response provides detail, accuracy, and warmth for vocals
- Extremely accurate supercardioid pattern at all frequencies provides the highest gain-before-feedback
- Three-stage pop filter minimizes breath pop and noise
- Break-resistant stand adapter
- Frequency response: 50 to 20,000 Hz