The Fireface UCX, a new member of the RME Fireface X-Series - is a highly integrated pro audio solution in an ultra-compact format for studio and live recordings. It continues RME’s long tradition of designing high-end interfaces as compact as possible, and frequently packing into a half-rack size unit what usually is spread out over two or three 19 inch panels.
In doing this the Fireface UCX marks a new space-cramping record, that's 300 electronic components more than in the already well-stocked Fireface UC! In an immensely expanded effort RME have once again shoe-horned all their latest technologies which were introduced with the award winning flagship Fireface UFX, plus a whole bunch of newly developed ones, into a half 19” housing making it the perfect partner for mobile use.
The Fireface UCX is not only a smaller version of the famous UFX, the UCX continues the legacy of RME’s tremendously successful compact interfaces such as the Fireface 400 and UC and combines it with the great usability experience of the Babyface.
The result is an awesome combination of RME's most successful products: Fireface UFX, Firefaces UC/400 and Babyface. The Fireface UCX is not just a smaller version of the smash hit UFX, with the X-core, the preamps and the complete effects engine, the UCX continues the tradition of RME's tremendously successful compact interfaces. With the Fireface UCX RME reinvented an already perfect product, by improving existing features and characteristics plus adding sophisticated new ones:
- Low Latency mastering grade converters with outstanding specifications.
- Two mic preamps with the premium technology from RME's high-end recording bestsellers Micstasy and UFX, including the AutoSet overload protection.
- A newly developed Hammerfall audio core, supporting USB and FireWire with the maximum performance and ultra-low latency operation, combined with the legendary RME driver stability and maintenance, on both bus protocols.
- TotalMix FX with the complete Fireface UFX DSP engine, including all effects up to 192 kHz.
- RME's unique DIGICheck metering and analysis toolbox for Windows PC and Mac.
- Plus support for RME's Advanced Remote Control, active jitter suppression technology, professional reference level support, advanced stand-alone functionality, full 192 kHz operation, and last but not least two high speed MIDI I/Os.
- On top of it: The Fireface UCX is the first professional audio interface with Class Compliant mode to work with Apple's iPad, for perfect stereo up to 8 channel recording and playback, and the addition of truly professional I/Os.