Register this product within 30 days of purchase, and you can extend its standard 3 Year Warranty to 6 Years! Click here to register.
The new K.2 Series Active PA speakers from QSC are incredibly powerful and versatile units. They offer you unprecedented audio quality, delivering great coverage across large listening areas thanks to their 2000-watt power modules and well-matched woofers and compression drivers.
Not only do they sound immense, but they feature an intuitive multi-function digital display for control and selection of loudspeaker functions including cross-over, EQ, delay and frequency contour. You can also choose from a number of pre-programmed presets, designed to cater for a variety of live situations. You can also design your own and save them as scenes, which can be recalled later.
QSC’s old K series were very popular, but the flexibility of their new K2 speakers means that you get even more for your money. The K8.2 is the smallest of the range, but its 8 inch speaker still provides you with a full-bodied frequency response between 59 Hz - 20 kHz.
Robust and Versatile Design:
Like all QSC speakers, they are well-designed and built to last. The robust impact-resistant ABS enclosure offers great protection for the speakers and internals, meaning that the K8.2 can survive even the most hostile of gigs and still deliver amazing audio.
You can use the K8.2 as a conventional PA speaker, whether you’d prefer to place it on a speaker pole or have it flown, wall or truss-mounted. But thanks to its elegant and well-thought design, you can just turn the speaker on its side and use it as a perfect floor monitor. The K8.2 is therefore extremely versatile and flexible enough for a variety of live sound applications.
Weighing in at a mere 12.2kg and featuring top and side-mounted handles, you can also easily transport the K8.2 without the risk of injuring your back.
Presets and Scenes:
A comprehensive library of presets are available within the K2 speakers, for common applications such as Stage Monitor, Dance Music, Musical Instrument Amplification, Hand-held Microphone and more. This means that even if you’re new to live audio, the K2 will have your back thanks to its helpful presets that will point you in the right direction. You can also create and store scenes to recall user-configurable settings such as input type, delay, EQ, cross-over and selected contour. This can save you time and hassle, especially if revisiting similar venues and spaces.
Here’s what QSC say about the K8.2:
The QSC K.2 Series represents the best-inclass loudspeaker for today’s demanding audio professionals. The perfect combination of elegant design, superior audio performance, high functionality, simple and intuitive operation, and genuine QSC reliability, K.2 delivers extraordinary results for users in both portable and installed applications.
The QSC K.2 Series is quite simply, the next standard in powered loudspeakers. To start, each model is equipped with a 2000-watt power module carefully matched to high-performance woofers and compression drivers. DMT™ (Directivity-Matched Transition) ensures smooth coverage across the entire listening area. Advanced on-board DSP provides Intrinsic Correction™ voicing and advanced system management to further optimize performance.
The K.2 Series can function as either the Main PA or as a Floor Monitor. Each model can also be flown, wall- or truss-mounted or placed on a speaker pole, either straight-firing or with 7.5 degree down-tilt. This flexibility makes it a smart choice for a wide range of live sound applications.
Superbly flexible, the K.2 Series provides its operators with a library of preset contours for common applications such as Stage Monitor, Dance Music, Musical Instrument Amplification, Hand-held Microphone and more, while also offering storable Scenes to recall user-configurable settings such as input type, delay, EQ, cross-over and selected contour. Operated as either main PA or as a floor monitor, each model can also be flown, wall- or truss-mounted, or placed on a speaker pole, either straight-firing or with 7.5-degree down-tilt.
• Best in class audio performance
• 2000 Watt Class-D amplifier module
• Intrinsic Correction™ tuning and loudspeaker management
• DMT™ (Directivity Matched Transition) design provides excellent power response and consistent performance across the listening are
• Refined, professional appearance looks great in any application
• Rugged ABS enclosure for long life and lasting durability
• Deployment in either main PA or floor monitor position
• Factory Presets and savable/recallable Scenes for commonly-used application
• Multi-function digital display for control and selection of loudspeaker functions including cross-over, EQ, delay and frequency contour
• Dual pole cup mounts (standard and 7.5 degree down-tilt)
• M10 fittings for flown applications
• Optional security panel prevents unauthorized tampering of controls
• Complete EASE and CAD information available online
• 6-Year Warranty (with product registration)
• Configuration: Multi-purpose, 2-way powered loudspeaker
• LF Transducer: 8" (203 mm), cone
• HF Transducer: 1.4" (35.6 mm) titanium diaphragm compression driver
• Frequency Response (-6 dB): 59 Hz - 20 kHz
• Frequency Range (-10 dB): 55 Hz - 20 kHz
• Nominal Coverage Angle: 105° Axisymetric
• Maximum Rated SPL1: 128 dB @1 M, peak 122 dB @ 1 M, continuous
• Amplifier: Class D Peak: 1800 W (LF), 225 W (HF)
• Cooling: Low-noise, variable speed fan
• Controls: Power, 3 x Level, Rotary encoder (push), 2 x selection buttons
• Indicators: Monochrome LCD Display 1.75" x 1" (45 mm x 25.4 mm), 2 x Power LED (front and rear), 3 x Input Signal LED, Input A Mic selected LED, Input B Hi-Z selected LED, Limiter active LED
• Connectors: 2 x locking XLR/F ¼" combo (Mic/Line Input and Hi-Z/Line Input, 1 x 3.5 mm TRS (Stereo Input), 2 x XLR/M (Loop-thru Output), 1 x XLR/M (Mix Output), 1 x locking IEC power connector
• AC Power Input: Universal power supply 100 – 240 VAC, 50 – 60 Hz
• AC Power Consumption 1/8th Power2: 100 VAC, 2.1 A / 120 VAC, 1.9 A / 240 VAC, 1.1 A
• Enclosure: Impact-resistant ABS
• Attachment Points: 2 x M10 threaded inserts plus Pull-Back
• Color: Black (RAL 9011)
• Grille: 18 Gauge powered coated steel, internal cloth lining
• Dimensions (HxWxD): 17.7 x 11 x 10.6 in, 449 x 280 x 269 mm
• Net Weight: 12.2 kg (27 lbs)