Register this product within 30 days of purchase, and you can extend its standard 3 Year Warranty to 6 Years! Click here to register.
The GX Series offer professional amplifiers which offer both performance and portability without breaking the bank. If you're a professional entertainer that's looking for something that's going to last, the GX series is perfectly placed, with it's lightweight yet durable chassis, meticulous engineering and advanced overload circuitry.
The GX5 utilises a class H system with 500W per channel that gives the right amount of output exactly where it's needed. Inside, there's a variable speed fan to keep your hardworking components working at an optimum temperature throughout your gig. This is backed up by QSC's Guardrail technology which offers intuitive overload protection that reduces the gain just enough that the system is protected but without losing all the performance right in the middle of your gig. It's a handy safety net that will dispel any reliability worries and let you focus on your performance.
Ensuring full compatibility with your system, the GX5 comes with a range of input/output options with power levels matched to the most popular speakers. In terms of inputs, you can plug in via XLR, 1/4" jack or phono. As for outputs to your speakers, you have the option of using Speakon cables or binding posts.
Here's what QSC Say about the GX5
The GX5 uses a Class H system, based on key elements of the PL Series, (PLX, PL3, CX, DCA) almost doubling power in the same size and weight. QSC design expertise allows the output devices to shift from low-power to high-power rails in less than a millionth of a second, ensuring that the output power is always right where it needs to be without excess loss.
GuardRail protection delivers full peak power while preventing detrimental overloads. During excessive clipping, or extreme overheating, GuardRail reduces gain just enough to preserve the integrity of the music, protect the speakers and keep the audience excited, without unprofessional distortion levels or shutdowns. Learn more about how GuardRail Protection works
A subwoofer reduces strain on the full-range speaker, allowing it to play louder, or letting a smaller speaker do the same job. The GX Series supports this mode with a Crossover switch that splits the full-range input entering Ch 1, sending 20 Hz -100 Hz to the sub (Ch 1) and 100 Hz - 20 kHz to the top box (Ch 2). The front panel gain controls balance the sub and top box, while GuardRail optimizes peak power into the sub and top individually, for greater musical impact and dynamic range. GuardRail optimizes peak power into the sub and top individually, for greater musical impact and dynamic range.
- Power levels matched to the most popular speakers used by entertainers
- Optimized for maximum real-world headroom into 4 ohm and 8 ohm speaker systems
- Inputs: XLR, 1/4" TRS and phono input connectors for compatibility with any source
- Outputs: Speakon® combo accepts, 1/4" (TS) plugs or Speakon 2-pole and 4-pole plugs (connects two poles only). Binding posts support all other speaker wiring systems
- Minimum depth chassis (10.1" / 257 mm) fits in compact, inexpensive effects racks
- Lightweight - GX3 and GX5 less than 26 lb (12.5 kg). GX7 only 15.5 lb (7 kg)*
- Detented gain controls for precise setting and matching of sensitivity
- GuardRail™ automatically protects the amplifier and loudspeakers from damage due to temperature rise or overdrive without shutting down the show
- Front panel LEDs monitor power, signal and clipping
- Subwoofer/satellite crossover built-in