Considered by many to be the hottest little amp in its price range, the Peavey Bandit 112 features a vintage/classic/warm switch on the clean channel and a classic/modern high gain switch on the lead channel that totally change its tonal character. It's like having 6 amps in one! Simulated speaker direct out, 3-position power level selector, 3-position damping switch, effects loop, 3-band EQ per channel, pre and post gain on lead channel, high and low gain inputs, and master reverb and boost give it vast flexibilty for all types of pro applications.
Here's what Peavey have to say
At the 1995 NAMM show thousands of players, media and dealers crammed into a small demo room inside the Peavey exhibit, one after another, where our engineers set up a blind A/B comparison between their new invention and a real tube amp. No one could tell the difference between the two. Some "golden ears" even thought the TransTube Bandit was the real tube amp. But How? In devising the TransTube Circuitry, our engineers studied every aspect of how a tube amp works.
We learned that recreating tube tone isn't merely a question of gain structure. It's about the entire component chain and how each one interacts with the others. It's about damping factor and the corresponding speaker response. It's about power amp compression. How the amp breaks up when driven hard, harmonic structure and non-linear gain stages. It's about cabinet size, bracing, wood and thickness. But most importantly, it's about what it's not. Those other manufacturers' half-hearted attempt at tube emulation failed because they focused on the wrong elements. So we concentrated on emulating the tone characteristics we all recognize and love about tubes and 86'd the rest. It's a deceptively simple concept, but it took three U.S. Patents to map the entire process for the history books. Set up a comparison at your Peavey dealer and discover the TransTube difference for yourself. No marketing hype needed. You won't believe your ears!
- 100 Watts (rms) into 4 Ohms (w/external speaker)
- 12" Blue Marvel® speaker
- High and Low Gain inputs
- TransTube tube emulation circuitry
- Footswitchable Clean and Lead channels
- 3 band passive EQ on each channel
- 3 position EQ/Gain Voicing switch on each channel
- Reverb with level control
- Footswitchable Boost with level control
- ¼" stereo Speaker Simulated Direct Out jack with level control
- Footswitch optional
- 80 Watts (rms) into 8 Ohms
- Weight Unpacked: 40.00 lb(18.144 kg)
- Weight Packed: 48.00 lb(21.772 kg)
- Width Packed: 15.75"(40.005 cm)
- Height Packed: 28.37"(72.0598 cm)
- Depth Packed: 23.87"(60.6298 cm)