Neumann’s KH120A is a powerful compact bi-amplified studio monitor with superb impulse response and resolution. With a legendary microphone reputation preceding them, it’s no surprise that the KH120A is a truly world-class monitoring solution.
- Compact bi-amplified studio monitor with a high efficiency
- Exceptional bass depth and transient response from 52 to 21k Hz
- Precise dispersion, optimized for near-field applications
- In-house simulated tweeter with alloy fabric dome (magnetically shielded)
- Wide horizontal dispersion
- Narrow vertical dispersion
- Two-color + dimmable Neumann logo
- Large high-capacity flow-optimized bass reflex ports with pipe resonance damping
- 4-position bass, low-mid and treble acoustical controls
Here’s what Neumann say:
The KH 120 is Neumann's trailblazer model and development yardstick for compact studio monitors. It has been a reference class for close-range monitoring since 2011. Enormous power reserves meet high-precision sound conduction. The result: Maximum signal fidelity and distinctly contoured transients across the entire, neutrally designed frequency response. This enables you to precisely control tonal depth, spatial image and even the smallest details in the mix.
The KH 120 is a two-way bi-amplified monitor with thermally protected class-AB amplifiers (80 W each). Just like the drivers, its Mathematically Modeled Dispersion™ (MMD™) waveguide is calculated with an optimal level of precision. Sound distributed in a horizontally precise manner ensures flexibility in the listening position; the narrower vertical dispersion reduces the negative effects of nearby reflections – for example from a desk or mixing console. The finely controlled dispersion characteristics optimize reproduction in even the most varied of room configurations.
- Drivers: 5.25" Woofer, 1" Tweeter
- Frequency range: 52 Hz - 21 kHz (+/- 3 dB)
- Peak SPL: 112.2 dB
- Power: 50 W Woofer and 50 W Tweeter
- 4-Position bass, low-mid and treble acoustical controls
- Separate woofer and tweeter electronic peak limiters and thermal-protection circuitry
- Input gain and output level controls
- Input: Balanced XLR
- Magnetically shielded
- Dimensions: 277 x 182 x 220 mm
- Weight: 6.2 kg