StingRay basses have been at the forefront since their introduction to the bass world in 1976. The Music Man StingRay continues the brands tradition of producing exceptional quality bass guitars, built to withstand the rigours of touring whilst preserving the professional playing quality desired by many players the world over.
This bass has been meticulously refined to meet the continually evolving standard of current day bass players. The sculpted neck allows for easy access to each of the 22 frets on the roasted maple neck. The improved body contours have also been rounded further to create a comfortable playing experience – while not compromising on the iconic StingRay sound and tone. This re-design has in turn resulted in a far lighter bass than its predecessors.
All the hardware has been re-engineered too. Far lighter tuning machines result in more reliable tuning stability and a neck with better overall balance.
Neodymium pickups deliver more power, more output and a larger range of sounds. Neodymium is a powerful magnet that works beautifully in these pickups to give you a strong, clear output. The StingRay now has an 18v active 3-band EQ which gives it those powerfully clear and punchy tones. An 18v preamp provides you with ample amounts of clean headroom meaning you crank the volume without 'crushing' or distorting your bass sound.
Roasted Maple Neck
The Roasted Maple necks not only look great but feel great to play. What sets the roasted maple necks apart is the roasting process and how it affects the overall playability and strength of the wood. Roasted maple is created by removing the moisture from the neck. This in turn causes the resins in the wood to harden which not only gives the gorgeous dark colouration, but also provides increased stability and improved resistance to temperature and humidity changes.
Another improvement is this StingRay bass now has stainless steel frets which wear down far slower than any other fretwire.
- Construction: Solid Body
- Body Material: Select Hardwoods
- Neck Material: Select Roasted Maple
- Fingerboard Material: Roasted Maple
- Fret Size: High Profile, Wide, Stainless Steel
- Neck Width: 1-11/16" (42.86 mm) at nut 2-1/2" (63.5 mm) at last fret
- Number of Frets: 22
- Scale Length: 34"
- Bridge: Vintage Music Man top loaded chrome plated, steel bridge plate with vintage nickel plated steel saddles
- Tuners: Custom Music Man, lightweight with tapered string posts and ergonomic clover design
- Configuration: HH
- Bridge Pickup: Humbucking with Neodymium magnets
- Neck Pickup: Humbucking with Neodymium magnets
- Controls: 18v 3-band active preamp, vol, treble, mid, bass, 5-way lever pickup selector
- Strings: 45w-65w-80w-100w (Super Slinky Bass #2834)
- Case: Hard Case